Description Environmental Consultant - EIA Exeter
At Arcadis, wenever lose sight of what's most important. Because, look beyond our projectsand programmes, and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking publicspaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we'refocused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality oflife.
It's a bigchallenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliveron their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainablerelationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiencesavailable to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a sharedgoal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working togetherand applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering,project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients'most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today andtomorrow. JobDescription
To support ourgrowing team, we are looking for an Environmental Consultants to join ourEnvironmental Planning team. You will workwith a wide range of team members to produce Environmental Impact Assessments ona variety of projects and have the opportunity to work closely with our clientsfrom day one.
At Arcadis,you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Becauseeach Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And as apeople first business we'll take the time to listen, to understand what youwant from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve yourambitions. You'll be instrumental in improving the environmental performanceand conducting impact assessments for a diverse range of industries including largescale infrastructure projects, large-scale mixed-use development schemes forboth private and public clients, public realm and masterplanning projects. Wealso work on world renowned major transport projects across the rail andhighways sector, so we are looking for candidates who can demonstrateexperience on these sorts of projects.
As a growingbusiness, we're focused on doing more, making an even bigger impact. It's why we need you and your technicalexpertise in EIA's to work on our clients most complex challenges, ensuringsustainable thinking is embedded in each one. Your Day-to-Day:
- Support the production of EIAs and similar environmentalassessments for a wide range of infrastructure projects in both the private andpublic sector
- Provide environmental advice and support to clients, projectmanagers and colleagues
- Co-ordinate with consultees and stakeholders
- Work closely with technical specialists
- Developing outstanding reports and communication tools - anability to summarise and explain outcomes to non-technical audiences will becritical for this
- Managing projects, overseeing our performance on technical,quality, commercial, and health and safety
- Experience of producing Environmental Appraisals, EnvironmentalStatements and/or Sustainability Appraisals with a good working knowledge of EIApractices and procedures
- Experience of planning processes and various consenting regimes
- Commercial awareness and understanding of Quality Assuranceprocesses
- Ability to work independently or within a client office
- Desired: Knowledge and application experience of sustainability,waste or carbon assessments
- Desired: SEA experience
At Arcadis,you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Becauseeach Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understandwhat you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieveyour ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitivereward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities forcareer development and being part of a sociable community. We have aperformance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Otherbenefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body,employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by workingtogether diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovativeideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improvequality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams:Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.