We are recruiting for a Engineer / Senior OLEEngineer to be based from our York office. About Arcadis:
AtArcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond ourprojects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remakingpublic spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate,we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving qualityof life.
It'sa big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, whodeliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, buildsustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize theexperiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It'sa shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by workingtogether and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy,engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions toour clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptionalresults, today and tomorrow. AboutThe Team:
Our RailTeam continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recentsuccesses have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex andstimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The newschemes are diverse and technically complicated and include London BridgeStation Regeneration, Crossrail, Bank Station Regeneration, Manchester Victoria,Old Oak Common Depot and Holytown to Midcalder Electrification (Shotts).
We havean enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's most prestigious andchallenging schemes and we are currently working on behalf of Network Rail,Rail Operating Companies and Contractors throughout the UK on Grip 2 to 8stages of major infrastructure projects and frameworks, designing andengineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client's needs. Requirements:
Owing tothe expansion of our overhead line design function, we are looking for Engineer/ Senior OLE Design Engineers to be based from our York office, who have aproven track record in the design and control of OLE schemes.
Pleasenote that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies andyou may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during youremployment.
To beconsidered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials: EssentialExperience:
- Proven experience in OLE Design within the UK
- Be chartered or working towards chartered status
- Previous detailed OLE design experience within the rail sector
- Understanding of Network Rail GRIP process
- Knowledge of 750v dc and 1500v dc OLE systems an advantage
- Familiar with Isolation/section diagrams
- Understanding of Bonding and OLE installation techniques
- Experienced in Network Rail OLEMI range of equipment i.e. Mk3B, ATF, UK1, Series 2, Series 1, UKMS etc.
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- You will be a team player, proactive and delivery focused
- You will possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
- You will have flexibility to travel throughout the UK
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisation skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and Microstation applications
Reportingto the Team Leader / Principal Engineer, you will control the production andoutput of detailed Overhead Line / OLE designs within the rail sector. You willprovide technical advice and support to project teams, work in collaborationwith other disciplines and interface with the client and other stakeholders ona regular basis.
Responsibilitiesof this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
- Delivery of OLE design submissions, i.e. layout plans, isolation diagrams, supporting calculations etc
- Production of allocation documents, i.e. cross sections, data sheets, switching cross sections, adopting appropriate methods of calculation for the allocation of suitable components within the range of OLE being applied
- Providing technical support to multi-disciplinary and electrification projects
- Preparation of technical reports
- Engaging with clients at all levels
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
AtArcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you.Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And,as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, tounderstand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you needto achieve your ambitions.
Whereveryou join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includesan attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and beingpart of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and anemployee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join yourrelevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexibleworking and a flexible holiday scheme.
Webelieve that by working together diverse people with different experiencesdevelop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at theheart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our peopleacross six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ andRace. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body