UK Job Description Description
We are seeking a mid-level Employment Associate to join our London team.
The team is long established and provides legal advice on a range of employment issues to national, multi-national and international employers.
The team acts for a long list of loyal household names, most of which have been clients for many years. We place particular emphasis on a team working approach both within the team itself and in working with our clients. Our clients consistently praise our commercial problem solving outlook, our personal commitment and our desire to provide pragmatic and rounded advice.
This role would suit a commercial and technically strong employment lawyer who is seeking responsibility, client contact and a broad range of client issues. It will particularly be of interest to someone looking for front line experience of global employment project work, outsourcing/corporate transactions/ M&A, solid experience with discrimination, whistleblowing and other Tribunal and high court claims.
We are keen to hear from highly motivated lawyers in the early stages of their career who have relevant experience and are seeking a broad range of contentious, advisory and transactional work. Previous employment experience from a well-regarded City team is required.
To highlight a few of our clients - AECOM; Alibaba; BT; RBS; Nokia; Santander; Channel 4; ITV; and other multi-national pharmaceuticals, banks, finance companies, media and telecoms companies.
The successful individual will benefit from a friendly and supportive team environment, the opportunity to work with notable and directory rated practitioners and global resources. Working alongside Partners and Senior Associates/Counsel, you will be encouraged to develop your legal career within the Firm, via the CareeRS programme. The Firm
Reed Smith is a global law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 29 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
Operating as one global partnership, we represent leading international businesses from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises; advising clients on cross border transactions, international commercial disputes and regulation. We specialise in industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, energy and natural resources, entertainment and media, shipping and real estate.
We all share a common culture, with core values supporting the firm's commitment to add value, achieve excellence, and promote professional development. London is our largest office with approximately 700 people, including over 350 fee earners across the full range of commercial practice areas. Consistent with the firm's strategy, the office has grown significantly over the past five years. Key to this growth has been our ability to successfully integrate new hires into our business and give them a platform to flourish. We place a huge significance on listening to our people and incorporating their ideas wherever possible. Responsibilities
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience
- Advise and support clients from identification of potential issues and claims to final resolution;
- Identify key legal, commercial and procedural issues and risks;
- Provide support to clients and colleagues by working in integrated teams with clients and a full range of consultants, or advising experts;
- Manage large analysis of legal issues and research within team and supervise as appropriate;
- Input and participate in pitch/panel presentations;
- Identify hot topics and support business development initiatives (including client presentations, webinars, social medial strategy) and
- Deliver strategic employment advice.
- An England and Wales qualified lawyer with 3-4 years' post qualification experience with relevant employment experience in a well-regarded City firm;
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills;
- Ability to lead complex matters with limited partner supervision;
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of sector knowledge and commercial awareness;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and drafting skills;
- Self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects;
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- The ability to interact and build relationships with people at all levels;
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually;
- Desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing; and
- Commitment to excellent client service and an ability to handle client contact from the outset.
At Reed Smith, we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to submit your details and we will be in touch.
No search firms/agencies please.
Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities or long-term health conditions. If you have a disability or a long-term health condition and require adjustments to be made for you within the recruitment process, please contact a member of the Recruitment team. For more information on our approach to diversity and inclusion please visit our website .