Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Third Party Program Management (TPPM) group is a dedicated First line of Defense (LoD) function within Reengineering & Expense Management (REM) and the Finance division, established to more effectively manage risks associated with Morgan Stanley's use of internal and external Third Parties to provide goods and services. TPPM is part of REM alongside Accounts Payable and Firmwide Sourcing.
TPPM's key objectives are:
• Enable a firm-wide Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) program based in 1st LoD
• Implement a firm-wide TPRM strategy, processes and tools
• Execute due diligence and ongoing monitoring
• Implement clear, consistent information and reporting to identify; measure, monitor and manage firm-wide risks
• Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements
The role will be responsible for supporting the TPPM EMEA Regional Lead to facilitate implementation and enforce consistent compliance with the Firm's TPRM Framework in the region. In this role the successful candidate will support Morgan Stanley's Business Units and support functions to manage Third Party risks and maintain all Third Party arrangements in compliance with the Firm's internal policies, external rules and relevant regulations on all aspects of the Third Party and outsourcing risk management.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Acts as a point of contact on all aspects of Third Party and outsourcing risk management in the region
• Supports Morgan Stanley's Business Units and support functions in managing Third Party risks in accordance with the Firm's TPRM Framework, coordinating with other functional and regional TPPM teams as required
• Supports the Regional Lead with communication efforts and building strong stakeholder engagement model to promote the TPPM in the region and support the firmwide change management
• Creates monthly/quarterly reporting packs for Third Party Governance Committee (TPGC) and EMEA Outsourcing Governance Committee (EMEA OGC) meetings
• Identifies and escalates risk issues or material change and ensure these are reported to the Regional Lead and other TPPM stakeholders as required
• Develops a good understanding of the Firm's operations, outsourcing environment, industry knowledge and regulatory changes in EMEA, particularly in UK, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Poland
• Prepares status updates and collates management information required for the Regional Lead to monitor the effectiveness of TPPM initiatives in the region
• Supports training delivery with respect to BU roles and responsibilities and TPPM processes (i.e., appropriate supporting groups, inventory/tracking, strategy, etc.) in EMEA
• Builds solid working relationships with Business Unit stakeholders to promote awareness of the TPPM and the Firm's TPRM Framework in EMEA
The successful candidate will have experience in internal controls and risk management in global Banking or Financial Services organizations. More specifically, qualifications ought to include:
• Experience in internal controls and risk management in global Banking or Financial Services organizations, preferably in Third Party and outsourcing risk
• Basic understanding of outsourcing and Third Party risk regulatory landscape in EMEA (incl. UK, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Poland) is required
• Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong project management skills, including ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams with varied backgrounds and skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and proven ability to effectively interact with team members, clients, and peers, earning their trust and establishing credibility
• High energy level, intelligence, maturity and unquestionable integrity with a team orientation
• Ability to work in a global team environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.