Job Description:Job Title: EMEA Equities Client Solutions Analyst LOB: Equity European Derivatives FinanceCorporate Title: OfficerLocation: Chester
Here in our Chester office we are looking to recruit an EMEA Equities Client Solutions Analyst to join the team. As an Officer you will be expected to produce and take ownership for the main functions outlined below. In addition you are expected to develop a solid understanding of the business, drive execution, sustain intensity and optimism and live Bank of America key values and culture.Role Description
Daily P&L & Balance Sheet - Reporting & Oversight:
- Preparation of daily P&L commentary and substantiation based on market events
- Review of material new deals
- Calculation of valuation adjustments & reserves, with responsibility over corresponding substantiation and commentary
- Review of changes to daily balance sheet & substantiation based on transactional activity
Core Financial Oversight Functions:
- Independent price verification analysis and reporting (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly revenue commentary
- Maintaining valuation adjustment & reserve calculations such that they're in-line with current policies
- Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc.) including inventory aging, and reporting (Managerial and Regulatory)
- Determining and implementing appropriate accounting policies & procedures (with Accounting Policy)
- Managing key accounting, legal entity, regulatory and P&L issues with the business
- Month end close, including Financial Disclosures and calculation / recording of netting entries
- Exercise of control oversight on behalf of the business
- Participation in the New Product Review and Appropriation Request processes: modelling structures, process scenarios, review, and control
- Contributing to Governance process, operational error reporting and support of other internal control process, including SOX
- Provision of financial expertise in the design, build, testing, and implementation of new Technology Platforms and Systems
Planning & Reporting:
- Act as key member and advisor to Line of Business Senior Management team, providing decision support analysis and advice on the optimisation of business activities with regards to accounting rules, regulatory issues and legal entity structures
- Development and analysis of key performance metrics
- Participation in the formulation of business strategy; plans; budgets; and forecasts
- Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on Line of Business performance
- Manage the expense approval process for both deal-related and organisational expenses; provide expense analytics and assist the business with recovering deal-related expenses.
- Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on the GBAM's externally disclosed quarterly performance
The Equity Execution Services Business, Finance & Controls Analysis team is comprised of 20 dedicated professionals, with associates based in both London and Chester.Core Skills
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Qualified CFA or Accountancy qualification desired (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Good understanding of Product Control and IPV function
- Knowledge of Derivative products (Options, Forwards, Futures)
- Solid Excel skills with the ability to build and use spreadsheets
- Demonstrable risk identification and management
- Can work well in a team environment
- Work to tight deadlines
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail - Control focus
• A Self-motivated, hands-on, driven individual
Bank of America
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks , a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here .
Good conduct and sound judgement is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. Job Band:
H6Shift:Hours Per Week:
35Weekly Schedule:Referral Bonus Amount: