Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are pas...
Before you apply, we encourage you to learn more about Morgan Stanley
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
EMEA Divisional Management supports and assists in the execution of the Organization's strategy in line with five pillars of Global Operations: Quality & Control, Financial Performance, Client Service, People and Innovation & Continuous Improvement. The team supports all functional areas within EMEA Operations and faces off to the other divisions across the firm including HR, Technology, Community Affairs and Corporate Services.
The role will support the EMEA Operations Chief Operating Officer (COO) to develop strategy and manage operational performance with a focus on the People and Client agenda.
The role will work very closely with the Human Resources department to help facilitate the following programs:
- Recruitment - including the Analyst Program Governance; Diversity within Recruitment agenda and support the Officer Diversity goals.
- Development - facilitating appropriate training and development across the Operations department including such initiatives as the Recruitment Training and Employment Law training sessions.
- People Programs and Analytics - including reporting/metrics; promotion process and pipeline; succession planning and compensation analysis. Client
In addition the role will support the EMEA Operations Chief Operating Officer (COO) with Client & Reporting activities, including preparation of Exec Presentations; EMEA Operations briefing presentations; Operations Management Group meetings (OMG); Business plans and SBR.
The role will be lead on connectivity with external bodies such as AFME, MiBF and be the point of contact for external Conferences, as appropriate.
The role will lead on office logistics, including management of governance and strategy of space; and BCP Table Top Exercise; liaising with Health & Safety; Corporate Services and Technology.
Define and drive strategic approach for key EMEA People and Strategy projects and initiatives.
Qualifications Required Skills:
- Excellent communication and ability to adapt style to needs of audience - Able to explain analyses and ideas succinctly, to ensure others understand - Proven track record of Senior stakeholder management - Able to define process re-engineering opportunities - Able to link various metrics to provide insight and understanding to team and stakeholders - Able to manage large data sets to spot patterns and draw conclusions - Establishes clear goals and sets priorities for themselves, and teaches others their job function - Shares expert knowledge across the team and contributes significantly to team output and development - Ability to work independently and as a team player - Excellent attention to detail, producing high quality work quickly and accurately under pressure - Ability to pick up new ideas, processes and systems quickly - Able to anticipate needs, problems and offer solutions
Technical Skills required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint - Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar) required - Familiarity with JIVE / SharePoint and HTML desirable but not required
- Previous knowledge of Financial Services industry desirable - Understanding of the SMCR framework
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.