Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
The team is comprised of 6 permanent members of staff, 4 in London, 2 in Glasgow who support the Chief Operating Officer (COO) for EMEA Operations. The team works to deliver the Operations Strategy: Quality & Control, Financial Performance, Clients, People & Culture and Innovation & Continuous Improvement; managing operational performance across the business.
The team supports all areas within EMEA Operations and faces off to the other divisions across the Firm including HR, Tech & Data and Corporate.
The role we are recruiting for is to partner with the regional lead for EMEA People & Culture agenda; which aims to foster an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management. To attract and retain a diverse, high-quality team by investing in our people and delivering on our Leadership Commitments: Career Opportunities, Connectivity, Reward & Recognition, Training & Development and Diversity & Inclusion.
The anticipated tasks are outlined below, although this is not a definitive list. Key to success in this role is to be highly flexible with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
People and Culture
- Analysis of the Employee Engagement Survey to identify key people related trends and define areas of focus
- Partner with EMEA Operations People Committees, ensuring a consistent framework for regional delivery of the Global strategy and to define and roll out regional initiatives covering every area of the Leadership Commitments. Ensuring clear line of communication and transparency between the People Committees and the Senior Management Team
- Design, execution and delivery of people engagement events for example Ops Expo, Awards for Excellence, Let's Connect, Team 2 Teams, Long Service Dinners, Christmas drinks, Bring your Kids to Work day etc
- Execution of targeted strategic initiatives to invest in our people from conception to completion; for example a Talent Development programme for high potential female leaders and a training & development programme for the Assistant population
Communications & Engagement
- Creation and delivery of senior management communications channels including EMEA wide Open Forums, driving content, logistics and the organisation, ensuring the Operations senior management priorities are effectively communicated across the region (1,000 employees)
- Collaborate with counterparts in Global, Asia and America Divisional Management Teams to ensure consistency and to share best practices
- Development of the EMEA Operations internal intranet (JIVE) site as a hub for key information and contacts requiring basic HTML coding skills
- Oversight of all email traffic to EMEA wide mailgroups ensuring messaging is on brand and linking back to the Operations Strategy
- Central oversight of expense management for EMEA Operations
- Review all requests that incur a cost e.g. software requests, market data requests, space moves. Review for cost reduction and process improvement opportunities
- Development of summer interns; setting stretch goals to build their skill set in a new environment
- Assistance within the Admin model for the division
The successful candidate will operate across multiple projects, performing a variety of functions and must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a high attention to detail
- Ability to present to senior management to influence and impact across a large stakeholder group
- Project management skills with high level of organisation and ability to multi-task; delivering numerous simultaneous projects under pressure within tight deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills across all levels of the organisation
- Analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and problem solve
- Flexibility, with the willingness to engage in a wide range of projects and ability to learn fast
- High level of integrity, displaying discretion at all times, safe guarding sensitive and confidential data
- A team player with the ability to work well with colleagues across multiple locations
Technical Skills Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Familiarity with web building (SharePoint/Jive) desirable but not required
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1