Would you like to join one of the Europe's leading IT providers? Have you experience as an Electrical Engineering technician? Would you like to work for a company that can offer your excellent progression Opportunities?
You'll be part of a close-knit Data Centre Operations Team
and working in environment where people support and respect each other. We're looking for someone who can live up to our reputation for delivering on promises - someone who can solve problems creatively to get the job done. Our employees are not only passionate and driven but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
Datacentre Operations is part of Group Delivery Function and we provide the Datacentre Hosting Service in our Computacenter owned Datacentre facilities and partner facilities. We provide the physical foundation to meet our customer's business requirements in achieving availability SLA's.
You will be responsible for working in the Data Centre Critical Facilities function alongside other M&E Technicians, you will primarily be responsible for the Data Centre Electrical Infrastructure including: Generators, UPS Systems, DX CRAC units, chilled water air handling units, comfort cooling split systems. In addition, you would also be expected to have some knowledge of The Data Centre functionality.Role Responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
- Fault diagnostics and repair of critical equipment.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly checks using CAFM based product
- Monitoring site Building Management System
- Assisting other engineers within the team
- Adhoc work to cover building fabric maintenance as when required
- Maintaining accurate records (word and Excel)
- Supervision of third party contractors
- Occasional overnight travel to other company Datacentres
- Weekly travel between local Datacentres
- Familiar with large company process and procedure
- Experience in critical environmental monitoring and maintenance
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (C&G, ONC, HNC)
- 17 TH /18 TH Edition IEE Regulations
- City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office (word and Excel)
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Must be Computer / PC literate (word, Excel)
- Being able to work at heights (when required)
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Must be able to be part for a shaft call out Rota (24/7 - 365/year)
If you think this position matches your skills and experience please apply today!Package Description
Benefits: Competitive + BenefitsAbout the Company
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers' infrastructures