An opportunity has arisen within Rolls - Royce Procurement (Defence),for an Electrical Engineer
As an Electrical Engineer (Defence), you will be accountable for resolving technical issues by influencing and resolving the Design, Bill of Material and Method of Manufacture and product Re-Activation or product release with the supplier to enable the Customer orders to be fulfilled
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We are the world's second largest provider of defence aero-engine products and services, with over 18,000 engines and 160 customers in 103 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.Key Accountabilities
Qualification and Experience:
- Product costs including Non Re-occurring Costs are fully understood and accounted for to ensure orders and Customer Delivery are met.
- Continuous Improvement to resolving and reducing/eliminating the cost of non-quality is a key enabler for the supplier to deliver parts on time at the right cost.
- Contributing to SMT first line metric themes in the 'Way we Work' and to the vision of 'Zero Defects', also supporting the third theme to 'Zero Arrears'.
- Validating the supplier's method of manufacture and capability through deployment of FAIR process and / or relevant assessments (Manufacturing Capability Assessment or Technical Oversight assessment) for new and existing supply chains.
- Ensuring that Technical Packages used in the supply chain are consistent with established best practice.
- Influencing commodity strategies and sourcing decisions with technical knowledge.
- Engineering Qualification to at least HNC (or fully indentured apprenticeship) , or equivalent experience
- Broad experience of manufacturing methods and processes.
- Proven delivery of matching component design and manufacturing capability to deliver profitable manufacture in a component, Assembly or Repair & Overhaul environment.
- Welded framework and fabrication.
- Knowledge and experience with: Busbars and Insulation, General assembly, earthing, EMC seals, cleanliness, Printed Circuit Boards: anti-static handling and testing and Wiring: cable types, tooling, shop floor practices, methods of termination.
- ISO and other Standards: general ISO electrical manufacturing standards, specifically IEC 61439 "Power switch gear and Control gear Assemblies", and those specific military requirements specified in Def-Stan 08-107.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.Pioneer
the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.Beyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possibleClosing date
: 8th September 2019Job Category
Manufacturing Engineering Posting Date
08 Aug 2019; 00:08