Essex Educational Psychology Service
Improving lives: using psychology to create positive change Soulbury A Educational Psychologists (Soulbury A 2-7 plus up to 3 SPA points)
Soulbury B Senior Specialist Educational Psychologist (CAMHS) (Soulbury B1-3 plus 3 SPA points)
There are many good reasons to join the Essex Educational Psychology Service. Essex EPS is a large, vibrant and creative service with 50 FTE EP posts and 5 FTE Assistant EP posts, working across 4 geographical areas. We are a solution oriented service and every Essex LA school and academy has EP time, free at the point of delivery. We have a Principal EP, 4 Inclusion and Psychology Leads and 13 senior specialists within the service who have dedicated time to work on their area of specialism and are a resource for the whole service. The service supports Trainee EPs. The following are benefits for all when joining the Essex Educational Psychology Service:
• a welcome payment of up to £5000 (terms and conditions apply);
• a generous relocation package of up to £8000 (terms and conditions apply):;
• a generous policy on SPA points (SPA 1 after successful first year in Essex, SPA 2 after successful 2nd year in Essex);
• option to purchase additional holiday.
• HCPC fees paid;
• an excellent induction programme for all;
• a Projects and Research conference for 2 days a year for the service to share their innovations and hear from national speakers;
• a full CPD programme with 8 Service days and additional individual CPD days;
• many employee benefits through Essex Extras;
• a lease car scheme;
• Essex Extras reward system (money off on the high street);
• good ICT support;
• fringe allowance for posts in Harlow and Basildon;
• regular professional supervision, separate from line management;
• assistant EP support in the service;
• a Critical Incident team for schools;
• Pearson Assessments on iPads.Knowledge, skills and experience
We are seeking to recruit Educational Psychologists across Essex. We have a base in Harlow, Braintree, Colchester and Basildon. TEPs and experienced EP welcome to apply.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Specialist Educational Psychologist (Child and Adolescent Mental Health) in Mid (Braintree), this role has dedicated time to support strategic development around mental health. This Senior would also take a lead within their quadrant for critical incidents. To be considered for the Senior Specialist Educational Psychologist position you will need a minimum 2 years' experience as a qualified EP. EPs new recruits to the team think that Essex EPS is...
'I have learned more in the last month than I did in the whole of the third year of my training course' newly qualified EP in Essex after one month of induction.
'a big, well managed, and organised service which is held in regard with schools and other professionals. Psychology is at the heart of things - with very interesting opportunities for CPD.'
'an extremely supportive team especially when you first start. It is a thoughtful, reflective, innovative and enjoyable place to work, and it is fun! Essex is a beautiful, green, historic county and, contrary to popular belief, is not full of stilettos!'
'an extremely supportive team that has thorough induction processes that have allowed me to ease myself into the role with no difficulties. Essex's set of systems and procedures allow EPs to use their initiative and expertise in a safe and supportive service. I particularly value the Essex CPD programme with outside speakers.'
For more information or an informal discussion contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(Principal Educational Psychologist) Closing date: 18 March
Interview date: 23 March
To apply visit www.workingforessex.com searching for Educational Psychologist