- Prepare copy for, and work with, Internal Communications to execute internal diversity and inclusion communication strategy. Includes keeping intranet up-to-date and creating and publishing new content and pages as necessary.
- Prepare external communications including updating internet pages and working with Public Relations to manage external Diversity & Inclusion brand and secure external coverage.
- Produce diversity and inclusion information for pitch and tender documents.
- Work with Client Relationship team and Relationship Partners to provide support on diversity and inclusion information and content as it relates to business development activity/connections with clients.
- Select and prepare submission for awards and external benchmarks.
- Coordinate EMEA internal communications campaigns.
Diversity & Inclusion initiatives:
- Lead the ongoing design, management and roll out of a number of strategic Diversity & Inclusion initiatives focussing on gender, race and ethnicity, disability, mental health, LGBT+, social mobility, and working parents and carers.
Diversity & Inclusion employee networks and events:
- Provide thought leadership and support for employee networks across EMEA
- Provide support in organising and promoting events as required
- Work with senior network champions and network co-chairs
- Manage network budgets
- Assist with global projects including contributing content for reports for the Executive Committee and involvement in global campaigns and initiatives.
- Monitor, analyse and report on diversity and inclusion statistics and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Act as a credible subject matter expert to internal HR and business contacts.
- Work with HR and Heads of Office EMEA across to support development and delivery of local Diversity & Inclusion strategy and initiatives.
- Work closely with the HR team and wider business to ensure that diversity and inclusion matters are embedded into all HR and business processes, policy development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with HR to ensure the firm remains compliant with legislation and update policies as required.
- Promote the firm's provision of support at external diversity and inclusion events/forums/meetings.
- Capitalise on the firms' membership of external diversity and inclusion bodies.
- Hold ad hoc meetings with potential and existing providers and organisations.
- Keep abreast of external diversity and inclusion initiatives and put forward proposals for review.
- Manage direct report.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience at a strategic level in, diversity and inclusion in a professional services, financial services, legal services, corporate or blue chip environment.
- Considerable experience in project management and capable of running a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Able to think strategically about opportunities and projects.
- Capable of bringing a commercial eye to proposals and projects.
- Good understanding of broader HR issues and legislation across EMEA.
- Ability to deal confidently with senior stakeholders and influence senior decision-makers.
- Ability to respond quickly to issues raised or work required.
- Strong team player with ability to build strong relationships with HR and the business.
- Effective networker.
- Willing to do operational-level work in order to launch and implement projects on a timely basis.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and self-directed.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Cultural and political sensitivity.
- Strong IT, numeracy and data analysis skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has signed up to the Disability Confident Scheme. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world's pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa (incorporated as Deneys Reitz Inc) and Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members ('the Norton Rose Fulbright members') of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.