Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management. Our 50,000 employees in 400 locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country's most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That's because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company. Ranked No. 1 by Fortune's 2019 World's Most Admired Companies...
Source - http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank Introduction:
Jacobs in Europe has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join the Telecoms and Digital Infrastructure (T&DI) operating unit to help set strategy, drive sales and deliver project performance. T&DI was established as an agile, start-up operating unit in September 2019 with a clear purpose to identify and address the new markets and opportunities being created by Industry 4.0. Working closely with external partners, T&DI addresses all infrastructure sectors as the interface between telecommunications and traditional industries become increasingly blurred as clients look to develop their Industry 4.0 strategies. T&DI operates as a dynamic and entrepreneurial team that leverages support from across the global Jacobs enterprise. To further our aims, we have identified the need to make a senior appointment to bring in telecommunications domain expertise to strengthen the existing team. Role Outline/Responsibilities:
Principally focused on strategy and sales, the successful candidate will work closely with the T&DI leadership to help identify and deliver growth in our telecommunications advisory and consultancy services to infrastructure clients. The role will be wide ranging to reflect the entrepreneurial nature of the unit, but will include:
- Validating strategy and value propositions
- Developing and implementing client engagement plans
- Building portfolio by identifying opportunities, following sales process and leading successful pursuits
- Advising resource plans in order to build effective teams from both internal and external sources
- Providing management and technical leadership of projects as required
- Supporting the development and pursuit of smart city operating models
- A senior, telecommunications professional with extensive experience in the sector
- Up to date technical expertise in wireless, fibre and satellite communications
- A high level of strategic, sales and project delivery expertise
- Experience of providing telecommunications services across multiple infrastructure sectors
- Experience in professional services an advantage
- Good external contacts across central & local government, telecommunications and infrastructure industries
- A strong collaborator and able to form teams across internal boundaries and with external partners
- Good commercial and negotiating skills
- Willingness to travel, principally across the UK but increasingly may require international travel.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero'
by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM
(Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed
; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks,
inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.