About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
The Strategic Communications division of FTI Consulting (NYSE; FCN) is one of the world's largest strategic business and financial communications consultancies; with over 700 people in more than 25 key markets. FTI works with some of the world's leading companies throughout the UK and around the world, to provide expert advice to address their most pressing communications and business challenges.
The Real Estate team provides a market leading strategic communications service for the property sector, with a retained client base of over 70 companies, including a range of developers, advisers, property owners, listed companies and a range of private equity and fund management businesses.
The team advises clients on both their corporate, financial, digital and public affairs communications programmes, encompassing media and analyst relations, stakeholder communications and issues management in the UK and internationally.
Current clients include Battersea Power Station, St George, Knight Frank, British Land, Hammerson, SEGRO, Urban&Civic and AXA Investment Management - Real Assets and Aviva Investors.
We are looking for a talented Senior Consultant/Director, with circa three - five years' experience who can aid the team in delivering best in class financial and corporate communications, to both business and consumer audiences, with place-making, digital communications and stakeholder engagement support for a wide range of companies and organisations operating in the built environment sector.
First-rate media relations skills are key, with an entrepreneurial approach at the heart of everything we do. The ability to work with best-in-class clients, to work happily within a 30-strong team and a 250 strong London office overall are crucial - for us, teamwork is everything.What You'll DoDeliver to Client
Build the Business
- Support/lead on a number of programmes, including both retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans are implemented.
- Own client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage account on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client group. Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients
- Anticipate potentially difficult situations and be able to evaluate alternatives with senior executives
- Support the team in seeking out new business leads and help convert them to profitable clients
- Work alongside other senior members of the team on business development activities such as pitch preparation and delivery
- Look to expand the Real Estate portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI Group
- Proactively network with media contacts and industry analysts, as well as potential clients
How You'll Grow
- Project line management for the team working on your clients
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring junior team members
- Develop relationships with other teams within Strategic Communications and FTI
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training.Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Communications or PR experience either in-house or agency side, ideally within Financial or Real Estate
- Proven track record in delivering successful programmes for clients
- Developing the ability to seek new business and effective at new business pitching
- A strong understanding of the media and how it operates
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent contacts in industry or a desire to develop these
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Displays gravitas, confidence and maturity, able to take the lead in team meetings
- Intellectually strong, demonstrating an ability to deal with highly complex issues
- Takes a pragmatic and 'can do' approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to provide exceptional client service
- Excellent team player with a positive and collegial focus
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-DH1