Colt is the New Standard in high bandwidth network and voice services for enterprises and wholesale customers in Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs. With a global reach but a deep local presence, Colt is big enough to deliver and small enough to care.
As cloud migration, software defined networking , and the emergence of digital-first competitors continue to transform the global communication market, evolving Colt's core strategy to win in the disrupted landscape is vital. Colt's new strategy will allow us to deliver new and exciting business models, best of class customer experiences, and simplify how communication services are purchased and consumed.
As Director of Business Planning, you will have the high-visibility opportunity to lead a team chartered with driving the business prioritization of cross-organizational business needs in addition to leading strategic initiatives that further enable our broader business needs and increased competitiveness. You will partner closely with the sales, operations, technology and support teams that develop the core framework of how we operationalize our strategy, provide thought leadership on business strategy and balancing business impact with time to market, and lead conversations with executives to drive alignment and decision-making. You and your team will be responsible for developing a set of clear and data driven operational guidelines for and in collaboration with Colt's functions that will enable Colt to successfully execute our strategy
• Work closely with the strategy team to develop a comprehensive, data driven, set of operating guidelines for Colt's functions that enable successful operationalisation of our strategy
• Define strategic vision for a robust and scalable prioritization process across multiple businesses and organizations, gain broad adoption across key stakeholders, and continually improve over time.
• Perform gap analysis on our capability readiness to execute on strategic initiatives
• W ork with the functions to define and develop transformative initiatives to close any capability and management system gaps
• Identify opportunities for the team to lead, engage in, or influence the business strategy and/or solution plan for high-impact business projects.
• Provide thought leadership to influence strategic decision-making and partner with key stakeholders to evaluate recommendations from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
• Lead executive level communications and alignment meeting cadences.
• Coach team members on approaching business initiatives based on developing an in-depth understanding of underlying business needs and strategies.
• Attract, retain, and grow your team as a manager and support a diverse and inclusive team culture.
The ideal candidate will be a highly self-directed and self-driven strategic thinker, with excellent leadership and collaboration skills and a track record of delivering exceptional results while working with a diverse set of stakeholders across organizations to deliver complex projects and proactively anticipating and addressing issues.
• Experience in the communications and technology sector
• Experience and passion for coaching, mentoring, and guiding teams.
• Strategic thinking and ability to learn, understand, and connect complex business models quickly.
• Experience defining, designing, executing new business models from idea to GTM
• A strong track record of effectively working across diverse stakeholders to define and execute initiatives with passion, precision, and excellence.
• Experience engaging with senior stakeholders to gain credibility and partnership quickly.
• Structured approach to problem-solving and strong project management skills with detail orientation.
• Strong communication skills, proven executive presence, and ability to influence at senior levels.
MBA and/or 10+ years of relevant experience preferred.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace