Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you'll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy, in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
EY's Financial Services (FS) Tax practice is the largest such practice in the UK with a fine reputation for sector expertise and close, trusted adviser, relationships across a broad range of FS clients including globally systemic financial institutions and niche new market entrants and disruptors. EY's FS practice is run on an EMEIA basis providing market differentiated capability for seamless client service on the Europe-wide tax advisory projects which the market is demanding.
The UK FS International and Transaction Tax Services (ITTS) team comprises 75 professionals, mainly in London but also in Edinburgh and Leeds and combines international tax services (encompassing all technical corporate tax advisory services) with transaction tax services (M&A / deals tax). This team structure, introduced on a global EY basis in 2019, provides a cross-fertilisation of tax advisory services and provides rich career prospects for those with an aptitude for providing tax advice to the FS market.
The ITTS team advises a wide range of clients across the Banking, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management sectors, including having advised on many high-profile transactions and deals reported in the press over the past few years with top FS multinationals. Our partners are well known and respected in the market and the work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients' businesses. The opportunity
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand in the market for specialised tax advisory services.
We have ambitious growth plans in our FS ITTS team. If you're a senior manager with an interest in Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth & Asset Management and want to further build on your industry knowledge and expertise, you can be certain that as a Tax Senior Manager within our team you'll be joining a group which offers you unrivalled opportunities to work on a broad range of advisory opportunities from smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals.
EY's global merger of its International Tax and Transaction Tax teams means that ITTS professionals can also advise on the structuring aspects of some of the largest corporate M&A deals and due to this unique structure, we can offer variety and/or specialism. Professionals in our team may work across our sub-sectors; Banking, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management; or may specialise in any one of these. Your key responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Identifying and driving opportunities -use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks
- Counsel and develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in international tax
- Any of the following preferred: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g. law qualification)
- Experience of working with financial services clients
- Graduate/graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
- Previous people management experience
Ideally, you will also have
What we look for
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
You'll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients.
The types of project you'll contribute towards may include
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- Organisational structure rationalisation
- Business model redesign
- Managing the risk arising from international developments (e.g. BEPS, ATAD)
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in the UK and globally
- Buy-side and sell-side tax diligence and structuring services
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Tax modelling
In return we'll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you're in the best place to further develop as tax professional.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you're contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.Qualifications:
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues aroun
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.