About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
The Financial Services team is the largest in the London office. It builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments.
You will be joining a fast-paced team which delivers both financial and corporate communication services to its clients and values hard-work, an entrepreneurial approach and the capacity to take on new ideas and develop knowledge. We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team. We are currently seeking Directors to join a growing team of over 25 professionals in London, with corporate comms experience focused on financial services. An interest in or experience advising companies on campaigning and media relations in consumer finance is required. What You'll Do Deliver to Clients
Build the Business
- Lead / support on the execution of communications programmes, including both retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans are implemented
- Own client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Demonstrate strength and breadth of the team to clients
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client group
- Highly proactive approach to sourcing and creating client media opportunities
- To draft client plans and proposals
- Develop content ideas, showing strong insights into the news agenda
- Writing of press releases, commentaries and statements
- Supporting on issues management, including drafting of Q&A statements
- Deliver research proposals
- One of the main points of contact for client handling, offering counsel and insights
- Helps clients identify and escalate risks in order to act and communicate with integrity
- Support new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Help expand the Financials portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
How You'll Grow
- Strong journalist relationships across print, trade and broadcast outlets
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Support in managing team processes and in the training / development of junior team members
- Understands and lives by FTI's values, Code of Ethics and the Strategic Communications Rules of Practice, and works with junior staff to embed these concepts within the firm's culture.
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities. Qualifications & Experience Educated to degree level or equivalent 2:1 (or equivalent)
Strong media relations skills
Excellent organisational and planning skills
Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
Ability to work effectively within a busy team
Takes a pragmatic and 'can do' approach
Has established media contacts in the Financial Services sector
Experience in the Financial Services and related sectors, particularly insurance.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Previous experience in an in-house corporate communications or PR agency role
Experience in Financial Services related sectors
Our Fixed Term Contract employees receive the following benefits;
Pension - 5% employer contribution with 4% from the employee
Life assurance Free snacks and drinks 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata) About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-DH1