About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
FTI is expanding its ESG consultancy and is looking for an experienced ESG strategist and report writer to join our existing team. We seek a talented individual who is comfortable in giving senior counsel to clients especially those in the FTSE 250, and is ready to play a role in building the ESG offer at this leading business consultancy firm. What You'll Do
This role involves working across FTI's Strategic Communications client base to consult on ESG for a range of industry sectors including Life Sciences, Real Estate, Energy, Financial Services, Technology Media and Telecommunications, and Industrials. Our clients view FTI as a trusted advisor across all areas of their business and are increasingly looking for our support as they become more ambitious in their approach to ESG. You will support them throughout the journey from initial consultancy to developing robust ESG strategies and reports.
ESG is a major strategic focus within FTI globally. Our approach is influenced by our knowledge of the many factors driving ESG scrutiny and regulation including public policy, investor relations, corporate reputation, and commercial risks and opportunities. We bring this approach to our work internationally: although you will be part of a London-based team, you will join a network of committed practitioners across FTI in Brussels, Chicago, Dublin, New York and Washington DC, and worldwide. On some assignments you may partner with subject matter experts in clean energy and decarbonisation strategies, people and transformation, or public affairs.
Our offer to clients includes:
How You'll Grow
- ESG Workshops
- ESG Discovery and Analysis
- ESG Compass Model Landscape Mapping
- ESG Strategy Setting
- ESG Report Development
- Governance Counsel
FTI is a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial culture, and this role will allow you to apply your existing skills to a business that is rapidly scaling its ESG offer. You will gain exposure to clients at all stages of their evolution, from pre-IPO to AIM-listed fast-growing businesses to FTSE leaders, and have direct contact with their executive teams. While you will apply your knowledge of ESG best practice you'll also have the opportunity to shape FTI's approach to ESG and sustainability.
Beyond client engagements, you will have the opportunity to contribute to and engage with internal and external initiatives that we deliver as part of our business consultancy offer to clients. These include training and webinars sharing ESG best practice with colleagues, to thought leadership offered to all FTI clients and prospects. Our current programme of thought leadership includes regular interactions with parliamentarians, policy makers and opinion leaders in the ESG arena.
While FTI is a respected global consultancy, it is also entrepreneurial and evolving. This role will suit someone who has established a high level of ESG expertise and now wants to stretch themselves within a wider consultancy model. Their skills will provide the essential foundation as they take on a new and dynamic challenge.
The role reports into the Managing Director, Sustainability.Qualifications & Experience
- 6-10 years working in ESG strategy and consultancy
- Experience of working in an ESG-related role at a business/management consultancy, a sustainability/ESG-specific consultancy, a Big 4 accounting firm, or an in-house corporate position
- Strong awareness of current and emerging ESG-related regulation e.g. TCFD reporting; knowledgeable and comfortable providing clients with guidance on the evolving regulatory environment
- Experience working with a range of cross-sector clients and industries; may have deeper knowledge in one or more sectors
- Proven expertise in making successful and impactful recommendations to large clients
- Ability to conduct materiality assessments
- Track record of managing and delivering complex ESG assignments, including leading and upskilling junior colleagues
- Strong working knowledge of major ESG frameworks
- Experience in taking part in business development assignments
- Commercially-savvy: can develop and cost out proposals
- Strong academic credentials to degree level; sustainability/ESG or related (e.g. climate change) qualifications welcome
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Consultative and collaborative approach e.g. in addressing client or colleague needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible
- A "leader-coach" who can deliver strategy and insights, and will also be hands-on with client delivery
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-DH1