Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The UK Lending team manages and drives growth across American Express' UK Consumer Credit Card portfolio, as well as proactively managing the complex and evolving regulatory landscape. The team focuses on creating and delivering value for our customers, delivering strategic growth initiatives (such as new products and capabilities) and managing the margins across the business.
This role is a high profile and dynamic role which will drive and manage lending portfolio profitability and growth, ensuring both lend and total customer margin remain healthy and deliver YOY growth, whilst also driving the business response to regulatory changes and evolutions.
Depending on Business priorities may take on product and/or capabilities responsibilities from time to time.
Lending portfolio management
Develop and execute Credit Card Pricing strategies across different segments of the UK portfolio and at different stages of the customer lifecycle, to drive appropriate levels of returns and proactively respond to changes in the competitive environment
Identifies and delivers opportunities for portfolio optimisation to drive simplification, growth and profitability in our products, customer segments and our pricing levers, to drive efficiency, growth and margin improvement
Works closely with risk partners across the organisation to optimise new accounts underwriting and ongoing customer management (e.g. Line) strategies, ensuring we drive good customer outcomes and meet regulatory obligations, whilst identifying new growth opportunities for the business
Supports recession readiness initiatives to ensure the UK lend business wins through a credit cycle; supports strong customer management initiatives and driving good customer and business outcomes, in collaboration with RIM and GCN (Credit & Collections) teams
Drive UK business team response to regulatory initiatives and lead implementation of regulation driven change
Supports and drives ongoing FCA Credit Card Market Study related regulatory initiatives
Proactively takes a view on regulatory agenda and our own remedies, in to ensure business remains on the front foot and champion regulatory mindset in business
Develop and implement American Express' response to new regulatory developments
Opening date for applications: 04/10/2019
Closing date for applications: 31/10/2019
The location of the job: London
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
emonstrable strategic thought leadership within a large consumer credit card portfolio
- Proven experience in Consumer Lending Portfolio Management and a track record of achievement with results orientation and ability to influence and drive change
- Experienced Credit Risk portfolio management experience in a complex environment. Understanding of credit risk strategies and experience with Credit operations
- Proven ability to take initiative, champion a project from conception through implementation to evaluation through strong execution skills. Ability to deliver results in a complex and matrixed organisation leveraging an unwavering attention to detail
- Experienced in driving and implementing the strategy and management of the credit levers to drive net credit margin including Pricing Strategies
- Advanced analytical skills and financial acumen (understanding of credit card economics) problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Strong focus on the customer and the overall experience, ensuring we create good customer outcomes
- Strong relationship management, influencing and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on proposal development and presentation to internal and external contacts, up to senior management levels
- Proven ability to drive the strategic agenda and influence key stakeholders to achieve optimum business results
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to a dynamic and changing environment. Ability to re-focus according to business wide strategic priorities
- Respected and experienced people leader, able to galvanise, motivate and coach the team and be a strong positive influence across the wider organisation
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).