Do you have what it takes to be part of our Gold Standard security service?
MGS holds the National Security Inspectorate Gold Standard and is passionate about delivering great things for its customers and workforce. It also has Customer Service Excellence accreditation and holds the Committed to Equality Gold Standard.
In the MGS, a guard is known as a Civilian Security Officer 5 (CSO5). A Supervisor is known as a Civilian Security Officer 4 (CSO4). They are managed by an Operations Manager who may be responsible for staff on a single site or a group of sites.
See more about our Security Officer role on YouTube https://youtu.be/nzSK9OPOoDI
Security Officers are responsible for providing, or supervising the provision of, an overt unarmed security presence. They will be responsible for delivery of the service to the highest standards in accordance with current MOD, DIO/MGS and Establishments policies, processes and instructions and site Post Instructions.
*IMPORTANT: -This post is a shift working post (including night working)ResponsibilitiesMain Responsibilities
The key duties of a guard (CSO5) are as follows. Please note that these duties can vary from site to site.
- Controlling vehicular and pedestrian access and exit to/from site by confirming bona fides
- Issue of passes using site IT systems or SISYS where installed
- Reporting of environmental issues
- Issue and receipt of keys
- Patrolling on foot and in a vehicle
- Searching of vehicles, baggage, personnel, buildings and open areas
- Escorting visitors
- Traffic management
- Checking identity on site (ad hoc)
- Writing reports on breaches of security or defects and maintaining daily logs
- Referral of complaints
- Reporting MGS infrastructure defects
- Dealing with demonstrators and intruders as directed by those holding operational control
- Safeguarding classified information and material
- Cooperating with other security providers
- Liaising with emergency services and invoking emergency procedures
- Operating and monitoring security systems; CCTV and alarms etc
- Operating and communicating effectively over the telephone and/or radio
- Reporting safety hazards and accidents in accordance with current instructions
- Carrying out, if required, initial action at the scene of any incident
- Other tasks commensurate with the grade
Desirable Experience & Skills
A background, qualification or demonstrable interest in the delivery of site security and/or customer service will be an advantage.
Where close area working arrangements are in place staff may be required to attend other sites within their travel to work area (one hour from their home) on a detached duty basis.
Some supervisor roles may cover more than one site and require routine travel using official vehicles.
About our Team
MGS is part of DIO which plays a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Under the Future DIO Transformation Programme, DIO will become the MOD-s professional estate services business and realise our organisational vision of providing a better estate, a better service and a better business. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation - GOV.UK
Working outside and night working are key components of the post.
More about MGS
Formed in 1992, the MGS has evolved into a dynamic organisation that takes great pride in the services it delivers. Our workforce is a professional, uniformed security provider delivering high quality unarmed guarding services to over 100 defence establishments in the mainland UK to the highest standard and we have an embedded culture of continuous improvement which ensures our people are able to give of their best and make a positive contribution to the organisation and defence as a whole.
Our customer base is wide, and we provide services to establishments as diverse as HM Naval Bases, Air Stations, working military and training establishments, Headquarters buildings and the MOD Main Building in London. Among those services we provide are general access/exit control, patrolling (with dogs at some establishments), CCTV monitoring, searching and traffic management. The MGS works closely with its security partners across the MOD, ensuring coherent operations across the estate.
MGS holds the Committed to Equality Gold Standard and we positively encourage applications from all under-represented communities.Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Managing a Quality Service
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people, they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Free uniform*
- High quality functional training
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years- service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen-s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
*Persons transferring into other MOD non-MGS post, within the first year following appointment, will be required to repay the cost of uniform and training to a maximum of -1,000. Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
The post attracts 20% shift disturbance allowance & 4% flexible rostering allowance. Also included are enhancements for weekend working and Public Holidays
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.Things you need to knowSecurity
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is developed vetting .
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.Medical
Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical.Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
Please ensure that at the application and interview stages of the campaign you review the Success Profiles Framework to assist you in the demonstration of your skills and experience.
Your suitability for the role will be assessed using the Success Profile elements that have been chosen for this campaign. Each element will be scored accordingly, and the successful candidate will be appointed on merit.
you will be assessed against the following:
Managing a Quality Service
CV including Career History and Previous Skills
Civil Service Judgment Test
Applications will be sifted on all selected Success Profile elements, but in the event of a significant number of applications, an initial sift will be conducted on the lead 1 or 2 behaviours, experience (Leadership and Managing a Quality Service). In this instance, the remaining Success Profile elements will be tested at interview.
you will be assessed against the above along with the following:
Communicating & Influencing
Working Together PLEASE NOTE
Application sifting is scheduled to take place on week commencing 2nd November 2020)
Interviews will take place via Telephone on W/C: 9th November 2020.
A minimum of 2 full working days- notice will be provided for interviews. We endeavour to stick to these dates, but these are subject to change around business needs.
All applicants will be required to undertake a Civil Service Judgement Test (CSJT). Medical
MGS applicants are required to attend a medical appointment to undertake a colour perception eye test
Please find the attached MGS Brochure:
1. MGS - Building for the Future Guarding for the Present
For help and support with your application check out our
Civil Service Careers Homepage and the How to apply section
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.Nationality requirements
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.