What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 15% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted "Gympass" membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes - Join our 'Buy As You Earn' & 'Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
• 25% off Tesco Cafe
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners About the role
Our System Engineers have industry-leading technical abilities, demonstrating breadth and depth of knowledge of engineering best-practices: A key member of team who is an expert in their own technical specialism, delivers system Solutions for colleagues and engineering of high quality in a timely manner, contributes to valuable features that are used by customers, participates in retrospectives, suggests improvements to processes and methodologies to speed delivery, questions requirements and challenges where necessary and can identify value of tasks & always works on the highest priority items. You will be responsible for
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
You will need
- Networks (can produce HLD for requirements network needs).
- End User Devices (can produce HLD for requirements EUD needs)
- OS (recommend OS changes for their requirement)
- Automated infrastructure (Azure) pipeline for CICD
- Understands elastic scale and building high availability systems
- Understands live testing & chaos monkey
- Understands current application development and their implications to infrastructure
- Automation (Recovery, testing of Security Compliance, performance testing)
- Expertise with Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, Azure, Terraform (or equivalent, Ansible, Chef, Puppet), Experience with tools such as Jira, GitHub, Splunk, AppDynamics, Trello,
- Involvement in full development life cycle; design, coding, test, build, QA, deployment and maintenance
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Experience in lean, agile environments. You must be a team player with the ability to influence and lead stakeholders
- Compute / Hosting: Able to automate the operation of Azure Infrastructure.
- Operating System: use desired state configuration tooling to apply configuration management to operating system
- Networks: Able to automate delivery and changes of network configurations
- Collaboration Tools: Able to deploy new collaboration tooling into our environment
- CI/CD pipeline: can create a CI/CD pipeline to deploy Infrastructure changes
- End User Devices: able to deliver supporting infrastructure for end users devices.
- Can troubleshoot failures, determining root causes and making any escalations as appropriate. Liaise with stakeholders during issue resolution.
- Contributes to root cause analysis for incidents
- Participates in incident, problem and service improvement process and has ability to assess incidents prioritising resolutions or escalations within SLAs
- Builds and develops the right team to deliver the needs of the area
- Able to identify and remove impediments to ensure the teams commitments are achieved
- Provides the team the tools to do their job
- Ensures the commitments are met as agreed.
- Facilitates the interaction with other teams for any dependency or integration
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- We are building systems to solve real world problems at scale, impacting tens of millions of people
- Teams of great Engineers (and Managers and Product Managers) to learn from
- We are agile and enlightened in our approach to building software and teams
- There's a great atmosphere and we work sustainably as a team
- Tesco has a "do the right thing" mentality
- We promote flexible working
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business, and we would love to hear from you! About Tesco Technology (Omnichanel)
Tesco Technology is not your standard IT Department, we're a Technology organisation driving change and delivering value by building great products for our customers and colleagues every day.
The retail environment is changing, brought about through developments in technology. The growth of internet shopping, mobile and convenience is changing the way customers want to shop. As a retailer, the customer is at the heart of everything we do and Technology is no different; our aim is to focus on serving customers wherever, whenever and however they want to shop with us.
Our team is innovative, highly-skilled, agile, passionate and fun. If you're looking for an environment to create cutting edge solutions which make a difference to millions of customers and colleagues across the globe, then this is the place for you.