Desktop Support Engineer - 2nd Line End User Computing Full Time, Permanent Salary:
26,000 to 36,500 (Depending on experience) Location:
Coventry What it's about
This is an exciting time to join Cambridge Assessment as we transform our core IT systems to achieve our ambitious goal of delivering qualifications to 100 million learners worldwide. Your critical role will be to ensure our hard working teams based in Coventry, the rest of the UK and internationally can make this a reality by applying your expertise in 2nd line end user computing support.
You will have the opportunity to add value on a daily basis, resolving business critical computing issues for end users. You will also be expected to build credibility with stakeholders through a customer-facing presence at our IT helpdesk pITstop and tackle a wide variety of tasks such as providing technical meeting room support and desk assistance. There are also lots of opportunities for career development, contributing to projects to enhance the users experience through hardware and software upgrades.
This is a role that would be suitable for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer interested in taking on additional responsibilities with the potential to become a future leader within our organisation. What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Providing high quality 2nd line support for all Cambridge Assessment staff accurately resolving and fulfilling incidents and service requests, both locally onsite and remotely.
- Taking ownership of incidents and service requests and acting on own initiative to ensure customer needs are fully met.
- Monitoring, creating and publishing KPIs on key SMEs areas
- Liaising with multiple resolver groups, third parties and managers in order to ensure effective customer service delivery.
- Providing support for the customer-facing IT helpdesk pITstop and meeting rooms including planned weekends as needed inside of your weekly working hours.
- Creating and maintaining documentation on services and applications.
- Project work including; network, hardware, and system upgrades as required.
We are looking for someone to join the local team of 4 in Coventry (part of a wider team across the UK totalling 15) who can provide an effective and efficient 2nd line end user service across the whole of Cambridge Assessment. This is critical to the smooth running of our everyday functionality as the ability to deliver efficient support for our customers can mean the difference between success and failure in a time of heightened need, which impacts on organisational reputation.
Desirable ITILv3 Foundation
Desirable IT qualification, Microsoft, A+ etc..
Desirable NVQ or A level or higher educational qualification
Excellent time management skills
Expertise with Desktop Services technologies
Expertise with End User computing solutions and applications
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
Self-motivated and able to act on own intuition
Multiple years' experience working in a 2nd line team-oriented, collaborative environment, customer focus environment.
In depth experience in incident and request fulfilment processes
Extensive experience with end user technologies:
- Office 365
- Ivanti ITSM Tool (or equivalent)
- Windows 10 OS
- Video Conferencing solutions - Polycom, Surface Hubs
- MS Skype for Business
Desirable: in-depth knowledge of IT end-to-end incident management including a knowledge of incident management tools and best practises.
Desirable: proficiency in process formulation, process improvement and communication to others.
Who we are
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Team player
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong understanding of customer centricity and service orientation focusing on business satisfaction
- Behaviour aligned with the company's values of Collaboration, Innovation & Improvement, Openness and Responsibility
is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits. Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to various local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you. The closing date for receipt of applications is 28/07/2019 and interviews will be held on 05/08/2019 . If you're successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application. CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYERJob Segment:
Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technical Support, Business Process, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Management