Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting a Design Engineer for our growing Rail Electrification business, based out of London Euston. The Senior Design Engineer will manage, control and co-ordinate the programme of design works to time, scope and budget, ensuring all safety, quality and environmental requirements are met.
This post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project design team is best placed to deliver all Electrical AC and DC, SCADA, and OLE designs within time and budget whilst maximising the opportunity to identify additional work opportunities. Responsible for engaging and instructing design engineers to provide a first-class design service to the construction teams and helping Siemens achieve our growth ambitions and commitments. The person will also undertake the role of Contractors Appointed Engineer (CRE) in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail regime.What will be my Responsibilities?
What Knowledge & Experience do I need?
- The production and development of the Contract Design submission documentation together with all other associated documentation.
- Work closely with the Project Managers and all third-party designers to ensure an integrated design solution is presented for the projects.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Siemens Safety working policies, standards and practices as well as those applicable to Network Rail infrastructure in all aspects of the design process.
- Provide the highest quality and level of Customer service. At the same time achievement of the delivery timescales and at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
- The Senior Design Engineers shall be required to have a good understanding of HSQE legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the design.
- To manage the development of fully compliant suitable designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Provide effective management for the design team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer.
- Have overall responsibility for the management of the preparation of all designs and technical reports.
- Development of Tender estimates and documentation for new opportunities.
- Develop and produce reports associated with the performance of the department on a monthly basis with an emphasis on the design performance.
- Understand primary interfaces, design drivers and stakeholders on projects that will influence the technical design.
- To positively influence design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- To support the project commercial process with the Commercial Manager and ensure all design change requests are processed on time
- To review project-based risk register monitoring and reporting on changes in commercial risk and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to eliminate or mitigate the risks.
- To maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery.
- To ensure that all project designs are compliant with CDM regulations
- Develop synergy between different project design groups to offer services to clients that are both innovative and value for money.
- Undertake lessons learnt exercises to maintain value.
- Most economical design methodology.
- Relevant Engineering degree, would normally be a Chartered Engineer
- Extensive experience and knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines.
- In Depth Knowledge of Network Railway Electrification Infrastructure.
- Demonstrable AC and DC electrification design experience
- Excellent understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
- Proven safety management knowledge including CDM requirements
- Energetic and hardworking individual with an ability to motivate teams
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven experience in design work in a dynamic and challenging business environment
- Safety knowledge and skills in a technical and a very demanding working environment to ensure all designs meet legal safety requirements.
- Good communication and inter personal skills be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- Proven experience within a Contracting or manufacturer industry will also be an advantage.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Job ID:
SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITEDExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: