WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007 and went on to develop the hit LEGO games franchise. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families.
Join us. Shape your story here.The Job
We are looking for an experienced Design Director with a passion for creating fun, accessible Lego games for younger & family audiences. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most successful and famous IP's in entertainment, within a company that's a leader in this market.
You will be an inspiring and supportive leader with an open minded and collaborative mindset, excited to help the award-winning TT Games continue to succeed in the next chapter of its storyThe Daily
- Responsibility for leading and managing the project's design team
- Working closely with the Head of Game, to whom you will report, help to define the creative vision for the project and ensure that vision is clearly communicated and carried through into the design and implementation of the game
- Ensure the design team deliver a high-quality game within the technical, time, resource, and budgetary constraints of the project, revising the scope and design of the game as necessary during development to meet these goals
- Ensure that the game design is clearly communicated thought the development team and that the team have all the required design information to get the game completed on time and to quality
- Understand the audience for the game, ensuring the game is relevant to the target audience, and their feedback is incorporated into the game.
- Take an active role in ongoing user research, adapting the game to address the issues discovered.
- Responsibility for the game design documentation and ensuring it is up to date
- Responsibility for planning and task allocation within the design team
- Be open minded, look at new ways of working, be responsive to feedback from all disciplines, and able to adapt to a changing market.
- Ensure a culture of respect, open-mindedness, and cross-discipline collaboration within the design team
- When required and under the direction of WB/Senior Management/Head of Game perform PR duties for the project on or off site
Line Management Responsibilities:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide regular creative feedback and mentoring to design staff
- Responsible for design team career plans, training, and appraisals, in liaison with studio design manager
- Identify and ensure that all employee relations matters (including absence, performance, and conduct) are dealt with in line with Company policies and procedures and in liaison with Human Resources
- Ensure adequate design team staffing levels throughout development
About TT Games
- Has led at least one project in Game Director or Design Director role on a AAA console game
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK's most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller's Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly - one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we're most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.Our people make WM the inspiring organization it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please clickhere.The Perks
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.