Job Description: Job Title:
Database Admin Consultant - Capital Markets Corporate Title:
Assistant Vice President Location:
Camberley Role Description:
In the role you will support and maintain large Oracle databases covering the EMEA region:
- Oracle 11g/12c/19c databases on ASM/RAC on Linux
- Oracle Goldengate
- Oracle Exadata
- 800+ Oracle databases
- Oracle DataGuard, RMAN, OEM 13c
- Deal with serious and critical production Oracle database issues in a timely manner.
- Deal with change requests and end-user queries for the systems that you will be the primary DBA for.
- Provide infrastructure, engineering and performance tuning advice to application development teams.
- Have shared responsibility for backup, recovery and monitoring.
- Ability to work unsupervised, under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Be part of shift rota to cover early (08:00 - 16:00) and late shifts (09:00 - 18:00).
- Be part of shift rota to cover early (08:00 - 16:00) and late shifts (10:00 - 18:00).
Based in our Camberley office EMEA Oracle Application DBA team consists of highly motivated individuals working within global technology organisation to provide database support predominantly focused on critical Global Banking and Markets applications. We aim to maintain a global perspective while recognising and responding to the regional requirements, provide innovative database solutions to critical business applications, exposure to the latest Oracle technology and plenty of opportunity to learn and grow. Core Skills:
Required Job Skills*
- Oracle 11g/12c/19c databases configuration and support on ASM/RAC on Linux
- Oracle DataGuard, RMAN, OEM 13c, Oracle OID, Autosys scheduler
- Understanding of Database auditing and security,
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Strong communication skills
Desired Job Skills*
Bank of America:
- Oracle Exadata, Oracle Goldengate configuration and support
- SQL/PLSql programming skills
- Database performance tuning
- Knowledge of ITIL procedures and best practices
- Experience of working within a regulated/corporate environment
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.Job Band:
H5Shift:Hours Per Week:
35Weekly Schedule:Referral Bonus Amount: