About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britains railway. From Crossrail Europes largest civil engineering project to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Our railway has been growing for 150 years, without significant renewal. And yet its required to carry more freight and passengers than ever before. We anticipate up to 400 million more passenger journeys by as soon as 2020. Investment and modernisation are absolutely essential.
So, were building the railway of the future. Its a colossal challenge. And were relishing every moment. Were driven to delight our customers and help the economy thrive. Weve already developed an elite reputation for taking care of our track - ours is one of the safest railways in Europe.
Naturally, were constantly seeking new talent to help us achieve our ambitious goals! Brief Description About us
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been built to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Our Asset Information Services team offers the rail industry trusted asset-related data and information management, insight and tools, enabling better informed business decisions that further improve the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of the railway as a system and ultimately deliver the timetable for our passenger and freight customers. About the role
Can you help us deliver a better railway for a better Britain through using your data analysis skills?
Our Data Technician's are responsible for undertaking the management of schematic and geospatial network and infrastructure data in accordance with the relevant standards and work instructions. Providing geospatial (GIS) and schematic (CAD) related data required by other internal and external systems and processes.
We have multiple vacancies
available in the team, on a permanent
and 18-month fixed term
basis. About the role (External) Key Accountabilities
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications Meet the following criteria? Apply now and join our team! Essential
- Deliver an efficient and effective network and infrastructure data management service
- Collate and monitor the quality of Network and Infrastructure data (schematic and geospatial network) received against specified requirements; liaise with data providers to resolve data and quality shortfalls
- Maintain and update network and infrastructure data in the appropriate core systems and libraries, in sync with applicable standards and work instructions
- Undertake the provision of network and infrastructure INM data as required by other corporate and third party systems and processes, maintaining synchronisation between systems
- Maintain accurate records of data provision, data maintenance and other activities and assist in the preparation of data assurance and other management information reports
- Support the development and delivery of specific data improvement activities, and process and system enhancements
- Liaise with managers, customers and partners as required to undertake accountabilities
- Assist with other activities of the network and infrastructure data management team as required
- GCSE grade C or above, or equivalent, in English and Maths
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Previous experience in GIS and/or CAD data management activities
- Demonstrable ability to work systematically and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of asset data and data management
- Good knowledge of railway geography and operations
- Knowledge of computer systems related to infrastructure asset data
- Knowledge of schematic and geospatial network data relevant to the GB railway
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life. Safe behaviour
is a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision
This vacancy is a Band 6. Salary: 21,735 Closing date
: 31st December 2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close this advert before the advertised end date based on the number of applicants Currency GBP Amount of Travel Work At Home