We are currently recruiting for a Data Standards and Controls Manager to join our expanding Data Office based in Nottingham.
As a data business, Experian is dedicated to making sure that we use data responsibly, transparently, and with integrity, whilst at the same time creating value for our clients through our data driven products and services. The Experian Data Office is a newly created area that is dedicated to this endeavor. Within the Data Office, the Data Governance team comprises of people accountable for how we manage our data, how we innovate responsibly, and how we ensure consistency across our business. We are currently recruiting to strengthen this team to manage our ever-growing pipeline of opportunities.
In any data business, it is imperative that there are clear guidelines with regards to how decisions are made about the use of data. Having standards in place ensures that we are consistent and clear in our decision making, and enables the whole business to make these decisions safely, and at pace. This role will be responsible for the creation of, roll out, and ongoing maintenance of those data standards that everyone across the UK&I business will adhere to. Managing a team of monitoring and quality assurance specialists, they will also ensure that those standards are met right across our business, and beyond to our partners and suppliers. This role will also engage with our risk management, compliance and audit teams to ensure we maintain a strong control environment within which we can use data to deliver value. Key responsibilities:
Skills and requirements:
- Responsible for managing the team of Quality Assurance Officers and Monitoring Executives to test controls and adherence to policies and standards.
- Responsible for managing Data Office functional risk registers (FRR) and issue register/tracker, documented policy and standards exceptions, and audit activities.
- Accountable for engagement with 1st line, 2nd line and 3rd line risk, compliance and audit functions to ensure the Data Office is addressing key risks, and establishing appropriate levels of risk acceptance through conducting rigorous root cause analysis.
- Facilitate with the 1LOD B2B Risk team the development of the monthly Data Office RMG packs and ad-hoc requests from the 2LOD Risk team
- Work with the 1LOD B2B Risk team to roll out and implement the risk & controls framework
- Work with the 1LOD B2B Risk team to make effective use of risk management tools and systems.
- Responsible for the creation of a clear Monitoring and Assurance annual plan, and executing against the plan
- Responsible for appropriate external monitoring and audit activities are carried out to ensure appropriate data use by partners, resellers and clients.
What do you get in return?
- Good knowledge of Experian's business model and operating model.
- Good external and internal stakeholder management skills, able to influence at the highest level.
- Deep knowledge of risk management practices, audit, process, and control management, and monitoring best practice.
- Good knowledge of regulations pertaining to data
- Able to articulate value through risk management for business case development.
- Experience in a Business Risk management environment
- Ability to manage resources across a matrix organisation to meet a diverse set of requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills using diverse data sources
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong ability to influence others
In addition to a competitive base salary, we also offer an annual bonus,
private healthcare for yourself and your family plus a number of other benefits such as pension, share scheme, 24 hour access to GPs and more.
At Experian we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process. Please raise this with your recruiter.