Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We have a new opportunity within our Data Science team to work on Data Science products & projects within our successful Growth Tribe!
Our technology & operations are growing. The Data Scientist will be part of a cross functional working group involving engineers, product managers and analysts, as well as colleagues from the marketing and customer management teams.
Our Growth tribe aims to understand the behaviour of our customers, from what discounts are most suitable to each customer to when they might be looking to pause their subscription.
Data Science plays a big role in achieving this, from building churn prediction models to discount optimisation engines which shape when and how we contact our customers. To understand customer behaviour more broadly, we also want to use Data Science to help us understand our customers through the feedback that they give us.
To be successful and more importantly enjoy being a Data Scientist at Gousto, you will be passionate about finding solutions for our customers. You will be comfortable delivering successful data science projects and collaborating with other data scientists, as well as identifying new opportunities to use data science in the Growth tribe.
Who You Are
- Adventurer in data science - As a member of the data science team you will be using machine learning and optimisation techniques to build tools that will improve the business and make our service highly personalised.
- End-to-end owner of growth data products - The problems we pursue are diverse and have a direct impact on the business. They range from predicting when a customer might pause their subscription to optimising the discount we give to each customer. We believe that if you build something, you should run it too. This means that our data scientists take ownership over the entire process from ideation to deployment, as well as automation and maintenance. Knowing our data products inside-out allows us to keep learning and improving.
- Passionate about impact - We have big plans for the future, hence we are looking for creative thinkers to help drive the business and disrupt the online grocery market by leveraging machine learning and optimisation. You will work with amazing colleagues and look forward to solving stimulating problems that will have a significant impact on the product and our customers. You'll recognise when to meet complex problems with advanced solutions or when a simple approach cuts through all complexity. Most of all, you are excited about Gousto's mission and product and really enjoy working with the team.
- Relentlessly raising the bar - We're looking for someone who can bring new and innovative ways of working, thinking and improving our data products. There is always room for improvement!
- Strong proven understanding of machine learning techniques and optimisation algorithms
- Comfortable using Python and SQL
- Skilled in managing productionisation of data products
- Strong knowledge of measuring and managing data product performance
- Great communication skills - being able to explain your work and the impact on the business to all types of business partners
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
Bonus Points For
- Ability to deploy machine learning algorithms into production environments (AWS)
- Skilled in using any price optimisation techniques
Click here to see our benefits !