An exciting opportunity has arisen in our high-profile data science team, which is helping to shape the future of insurance at Aviva through cutting-edge analytics. The insurance industry is evolving in an age of rapid technological development, and as an organisation Aviva are investing in data science and artificial intelligence (AI) as a distinctive capability. The UK team is recognised as a centre of excellence in our Global Data Science Practice - providing new data-driven insights that improve decision making across the Aviva Group.
This role will be part of our AI team, supporting our colleagues to deliver cutting-edge change. We are looking for creative and innovative people who can apply the best engineering and AI techniques to our market leading big-data assets to improve our decision-making capability across our General Insurance business. As well as contributing to our Award-winning projects across the UK and the world you will be expected to play a significant role in our Research and Development agenda to continually improve our data science capabilities. The role will involve working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, in all areas of the business, and you will play a key role in understanding the business priorities and maximising the use of our insights. Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience required
- Understanding business problems within the Data Science teams.
- Identifying, Exploring and Transforming Data for Data Science tasks.
- Researching, Designing and Building models to solve key business problems.
- Testing and Validating model performance.
- Presenting solutions to data science teams and internal customers.
What will you get for this role?
- Strong numerical and/or data abilities is essential.
- Experience in at least one programming languages e.g. Python / R is desirable.
- Degree or higher in either Mathematics, Sciences, Computer Science, Machine Learning or similar is desirable.
- Able to collaborate with multiple teams within our Data Science practice and the wider business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to explain technical analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in statistical modelling, such as neural networks for NLP / computer vision would be advantageous.
- Experience of building and deploying analytical solutions would be beneficial.
Working at Aviva
- Salary of £24,300 - £35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.