We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Multi-functional Data Science Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a data scientist, you need to be exceptionally creative. You will work with scientists and engineers to create new ideas, formulate mathematics, design new machine learning models and develop prototype solutions to enhance capabilities of our products and satisfaction from our customers. You need to be an exceptional problem solver.
- Work closely with business shareholders to understand the challenging business needs, make judgement, and create feasible machine learning and analytics solutions. You will work closely with product engineers to translate your research outcomes into scalable and reliable products.
- Conduct research in machine learning theory and its application to media content discovery, personalisation, advertising and content supply chains.
- Use machine learning and large-scale data mining techniques to discover and identify hidden patterns in various types of data.
- Build and implement machine learning models and prototype solutions for proof-of-concept.
- Design KPIs, experiments and A\/B testing.
- Work closely with other data scientists and software engineers to translate prototypes into high quality production solutions.-*Take an active role in defining user experience and assisting business stakeholders to work out feasible solutions.
- Play an active part in the Sky Technology communities.
- Write technical reports about your research, your findings and their values to millions of users.
- Strong academic research background with MSc or PhD degree in computer science or related subjects and academic publication records
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning models, data mining techniques and inference algorithms such as decision trees, association rules, clustering, classification, regression, neural networks, topic models, stochastic sampling, collaborative filtering.
- Demonstrated ability of applying machine learning models to real-world applications and services.
- Demonstrated ability of mapping business needs to solid machine learning and analytical solutions and engineering systems.
- Hand-on experience with machine learning modelling in distributed computing environments.
- Ability to build model and prototype software using any modern programme language such as Scala, Java, R, Python, etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering top class results.
- Creative, innovative thinkers with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about