We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Insights Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Data Scientist, you will have data science skills across the whole development pipeline from big data engineering to advanced model building to putting into production. In addition, you'll need to be commercially savvy, have a strong focus on practical & pragmatic use of data and a passion for connecting your work directly to the customer experience, making a real and tangible impact.
- Be responsible for developing and driving actionable customer intelligence from our core data assets using advanced analytics.
- Develop advanced analytics algorithms exploiting our rich data assets including viewing behaviours and content engagement on multiple platforms (linear, on demand, streaming etc), online engagement with Sky digital (apps, website), customer service interactions, service quality and performance information and customer metrics
- Engage with key stakeholders (marketing, retention, service, finance) to understand business objectives and support these objectives through best use of advanced analytics approaches. Responsible for identifying the best analytical techniques, developing the solution, creating a framework for testing the solution, deploying champion challenger tests and measuring the incremental value to the business from the solution.
- Engage with our technology teams and data engineers to build compliant, efficient and scalable solutions for managing customer treatments at Sky.
- Strengthen our internal data science capabilities by continuously innovating and driving new ideas, building technology partnerships with our vendors, training and developing our people and creating a world class data science team at Sky.
- Machine learning - Supervised\/unsupervised learning, regression, decision trees, random forests, boosting, SVM, clustering
- Experience building and deploying advanced analytics solutions in a large scale (preferably B2C) cloud environment.
- Expertise in at least 2 areas including Forecasting, Predictive Modelling, Optimisation, Clustering or NLP.
- Experience in deploying commercially viable applications using deep learning techniques combining structured and unstructured data is highly desirable
- The ability to quickly understand a business objective, problem solving to create an analytical solution and stakeholder communication are essential
- Commercial knowledge and applications of data science to drive commercial value is a must - everything we do drives value into the business.
- Experience in data engineering, data modelling for advanced analytics, data processing on cloud, model management and app deployment on cloud is highly desirable.
- Python with experience on GCP (BigQuery, GCS, Datalab, Dataproc, Cloud ML, Tensorflow) -(Desirable)
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about