PRODUCT DATA ANALYST About Experian:
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. Experian helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, automate decision making and target marketing offers, and helps consumers to manage their financial profile. In 2018, Experian was named by Forbes magazine as one of the "World's Most Innovative Companies" for the fifth year in a row.
Experian employs approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries, is a FTSE 100 constituent listed on the London Stock Exchange and generated US$4.7bn of revenues in the year ended 31st March 2018. Experian invests significant amounts of capital, both organically and through acquisition, to expand our global footprint and capabilities.About EDQ:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Experian Data Quality business. EDQ is a global leader in providing data quality software and services to organizations of all sizes. We help our clients to proactively manage the quality of their data through world-class validation, matching, enrichment and profiling capabilities. With flexible software-as-a-service and on-premise deployment models, Experian Data Quality software allows organizations around the world to truly connect with their customers by delivering intelligent interactions, every time.
Being a subsidiary of Experian allows our employees to grow and develop with the spirit of an entrepreneurial organization while enjoying the benefits of a larger corporate company. Purpose of Role:
The Product Data Analyst will assist in the commercial and data analytics of the Global EDQ's business to help drive growth and will also manage the global datasets and royalty process and pricing.Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
There will be two key parts to this role: i) Data Analytics ii) Product Management. This role will be a great fit for either someone with technical data analytics background looking to get more experience in this field while also building commercial and product experience, or the other way around.
While the candidate does not need to have extensive experience with statistical packages (R, Power BI, SQL, VBA etc.) they will need a background with these programs and strong willingness to continue to learn and develop.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and automate reports and dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business priorities.
- Conduct data analysis to make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, impact analysis, market sizing).
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Will have the ability to work productively with a diverse range of stakeholders, with different contexts, seniorities, locations and familiarity with data.
- Product management skills owning and managing the end to end relationship with internal product stakeholders (pricing, procurement, finance, sales, business operations) and external vendors (data providers).
- Be responsible for the commercial performance and in-life commercial support of the global reference data assets
- Understand the reference data landscape and identify opportunities to source, enhance, combine, derive or remove reference data assets in the portfolio
- Manage third-party data suppliers with regards to commercial relationship, pricing, contract and operations
- Be the internal expert and external champion for Experian's reference data assets: chair product forums, respond to questions on reference data assets and key benefits
- Strong quantitative skills and experience with how to monetize, manage, and measure data as an asset for competitive advantage
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Salesforce
- 1-3 years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, Power BI, SQL, Python, Visual Basic etc.)
- 1-3 years Product Management experience, ideally in data-oriented businesses and software products