We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Handling Product Manager working in our Global Software Product Management team.
Within traditional databases and big data environments, for both off-line analytics and within live operational processes, Data Handling is a generic term we are using to describe the data manipulation processes which support the three 'journeys' involved in Decisions and Analytics:
- Discovery. Explore and discover data to apply rules (wrangling) and to prepare the data to make it appropriate and valuable for downstream processes. This is traditional analytics involving a sandbox (getting data in bulk files, database etc. and processing it to support the creation of models).
- Streaming. Building a repeatable model, typically by receiving data feeds (traditional and digital data e.g from web sites or social media) as events come in and applying a pipeline of transformations and lookups to create outputs that are valuable for downstream processes. This is real-time analytics.
- Transactional decisioning. Within an operational regulated production environment, calling a decision platform to make a decision and return the outcome. This is real-time transactional requests to support customer lifecycle journey applications (e.g Originations, Collections etc.). This involves data integration capabilities to ingest transactional api and apply the data enrichment logic required to execute the models defined earlier.
Our product set is continuously enhanced to leverage industry best practice concepts and tools to rapidly deploy advanced analytics, such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, into production environments. Effective data handling is a key area enabler of that journey. As well as continuing to evolve our own software, we will achieve optimal solutions via the use of open source components, partnerships and mergers and acquisitions.
The Product Manager will define and manage all elements of data handling within global Decision Analytics (DA) products and services to achieve our business and product goals. This role requires strong thought leadership in the way data is handled in a multitude of processes within our analytically driven software solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for market requirements, commercial justification, product development, rollout, launch, upgrades and ongoing management to service the needs of each of Experian's chosen global markets.
This individual will be recognised and trusted globally as a Data Handling product expert by Experian's consultants, sales, delivery personnel and clients. He/she will work closely with the DA Global, Regional and Country Product Management teams to ensure market requirements are incorporated in product roadmaps and go-to-market materials, as well as with the Global Software Group to ensure software updates and releases support business needs. He/she will be a respected Data Handling evangelist.
The ideal candidate is an action-oriented individual possessing a service mentality with a record of consistently exceeding product expectations. He/she should possess strong leadership and communication traits, and the demonstrated ability to influence outcomes. The position demands a high-level of attention to detail, a good blend of business and technical skills, belief in process with systematic planning and the ability to execute to plan. SKILLS
- 3 or more years of experience working with data handling tools for Data discovery, Data wrangling, Data aggregation, Data streaming, Data integration
- 3 or more years of experience in a relevant discipline, preferably a product management or consulting role in an Experian client organisation, or a relevant software company.
- Good knowledge of credit decision management solutions, including software, data and analytics - across design/implementation and execution.
- Detailed understanding of how software products deliver business benefits to our clients and partner organisations.
- Good knowledge and experience of both traditional data integration technologies (ETL, Web services based on XML/XSD/WSDL, Messaging based on MQ or JMS) and latest data integration technologies (Rest/JSON APIs, Microservices, Kafka queues)
- Good knowledge and experience working with ETL tools (e.g Pentaho, Talend, Syncsort), databases (e.g Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres) and Big Data implementations (e.g Spark, Hadoop).
- Good knowledge and experience working with data wrangling tools such as Trifacta, Daitaku or Alteryx and data integration tools such as Tibco, Websphere or WSO2.
- Good knowledge and experience working with software deployed in combination of traditional deployment models and cloud/SaaS deployment model.
- Good analytical mindset with attention to detail and superior reporting and data analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in agile product management and product development processes
- Adept at managing, and developing complex products with tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively within cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix environment.
- Customer orientation and client relation skills with strong problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with partners
- Ability to influence and build productive relationships with key stakeholders.
· Required: Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Marketing or related field.
· Desired: Product Focus or similar product management certification.
This role is part of the global DA team, therefore, there will be global travel on occasion.