Jacobs nuclear is recruiting a Data Assessment Team Member to join our existing Managed Data Analysis Team.
We are looking for highly diligent and reliable personnel who will be fully trained in the processes of data analysis which are to be undertaken.
You will be part of a team of 6 people that will provide fully managed data analysis support for specialist inspections at power stations. You will be working in a regulated industry where the highest standards of quality and professionalism are expected at all times. An ability to communicate effectively with clients and operate as part of a distributed organisation will be essential to the role.
In joining us you will be part of a highly motivated team focused on a process of continuous improvement to offer our client an ever improving service to keep the existing fleet of nuclear power stations operating. Responsibilities
- Meet the client needs including undertaking periods of shift rotas for weekend work, plus day and night shift cover (salary enhancements are applicable for night shift work)
- Process data through defined processes and for completing final reports on the conclusions of the data (training is provided on the processes to be followed)
- Ensure the highest quality standards are followed in undertaking the data analysis and completing the required paperwork Jacobs nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
- Experience in an engineering environment, or in another industry with high focus on quality processes and data analysis
- Strong focus on client delivery
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of the importance and application of good quality assurance behaviours
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- An understanding of engineering first principles would be desirable
- Experience within the nuclear industry is not critical
What do you get?
- Eye for detail
- Flexible on working hours
- As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Jacobs:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance - We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits - maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
For your peace of mind:
- We offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme.
- In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in.
- You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.