Using your experience you will be responsible for the quality of data on a variety of our projects by highlighting trends and isolating issues. Proactively implementing approaches to improve quality, such as combining 3rd party datasets and guiding projects on the steps they should take to resolve any data issues.
The role will involve using practical skills such as SQL to produce complex highly efficient database queries as well as some coding to automate repetative tasks.
A typical week would include:
- Take responsibility for data quality across a variety of projects, reviewing and comparing them to ensure we are on track for delivery.
- Regularly reviewing data quality and defining approaches to combat common issues.
- Presenting data to stakeholders within the business
- Work with the software development team to understand the data structures of our system to ensure reports can be produced efficiently.
- Communicating with non-technical users in a clear and concise fashion to provide advice about how to obtain the correct data from our systems.
- Promote the use of our systems with clients and internal users becoming a subject matter expert
- Querying relational databases using SQL and creating reports using SSRS
WSP is looking for self-motivated individuals with strong verbal and written communication skills as the role requires building relationships with technical and non-technical users and being able to translate their requirements into deliverables.
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in a role involving data analysis or reporting using SQL
- A degree in a computer science or related subject
- Excellent Excel data presentation skills via the use of charts, pivots and interactive filtering
- Good knowledge of SQL querying including use of stored procedures, views and functions.
- Experience of working in a client facing role or are confident in presenting technical solutions to non-technical users
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to learning new skills to keep pace with technology
- Strong presentation skills
You will stand out if you have the following:
What if we can?
- Experience of using SQL language
- Experience of SSIS or SSAS
- Knowledge of R or Python
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts
- An awareness of Big Data and Data Insights
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP " we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important " be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme " so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) " WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone. A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.