An exciting opportunity has now arisen to join the Data Labs team as a Data Analyst ensuring our labs capability is set up for success. This is a new capability supporting the wider Data & Analytics Community to deliver data solutions for the business in an agile, flexible, fast paced approach utilising our Big Data platform. You will join a small team of 6 data engineering experts ensuring delivery of value add use cases for the society utilising a number of Big Data technologies.
This role will focus on delivering reporting and analytical solutions onto the data lake which currently resides on our Hadoop / Teradata big data appliance, setting up an enduring in-house data lab engineering capability and helping drive the onwards data strategy.
Combining accountabilities for delivery, continuous improvement and building an in-house capability, this exciting new role will provide the opportunity to work with key stakeholders from across the business, working alongside industry leading vendors and help shape and drive the next phase of the strategy execution.Who we're looking for
We need people with experience in working in a data environment or be a graduate with a strong technical/computer science or mathematical/numerate degree or degree equivalent qualification.
You'll need strong analytical, communication and IT skills, with experience of project work or in programming. Any commercial experience within the financial services sector or data analysis would be an advantage.
You'll need to be passionate about becoming a technical expert within our Big Data environment and ensuring that the data you provide is accurate and understood.
As part of the data and analytical solutions team you will have the attributes to excel in a dynamic, delivery focused environment where agreed deadlines are adhered to. You will be able to translate business problems into technical solutions that are logical, efficient and sufficiently tested.
You'll be joining a wider team of 25 who wants to apply knowledge and creativity to help deliver best practice and innovation.
It would be nice if you also had:
What you'll be doing
- A technical or numerate degree
- A desire for data management and an interest in developing your technical skills
As part of the Data & Analytics Solutions team, you will have a key role in supporting the delivery of our data labs capability including data provision, quality and validation.
As a data analyst of the data labs team, you will have responsibility for aspects of Nationwide's data solutions to load and prepare data for the analytical teams across the society delivering insight to our members while ensuring the data is complete and accurate. This will be carried out on our Big Data platform.
Key accountabilities will be:-
- Support data lab processes to ensure that our data solutions are cutting-edge, efficient and effective meeting the business need
- Conform to our agreed governance and change control standards
- Supporting change within data and analytical solutions by supporting both the requirements of business users and the long-term vision for in-house improvements
- Supporting the data lab manager with the delivery of activities with other business areas to provide them with data management solutions by ensuring that effective relationships are built
- Utilising your desire for technical understanding as you will be required to develop your data capability in many Big Data technologies
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally to stakeholders
For further information please contact Dan Wilson Resourcing Manager or Paul Young Hiring Manager