- Salary range between £19,647 and £28,379 per annum (dependent on relevant skills and experience)
- 12-month Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for 3 dynamic and self-motivated individuals to analyse, interpret, and present complaints MI on an ongoing basis to the quality and accuracy that is expected for presentation to Senior Managers, Directors and Regulatory regimes.The Data Analysts will be expected to understand the data produced by the MI Team, and to design and deliver bespoke presentations based on a range of data sets. The role also requires responding, in bulk, to third party queries, Data Subject Access Requests and writing bespoke work procedures and frameworks.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you'll have:
- A knowledge of financial services
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, namely Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and be able to produce MI analysis and presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to self-motivate and to manage your workload - working to deadlines without supervision
What you'll be doing
- Interpreting daily/weekly/monthly MI from reports generated by MI Specialists
- Administering bespoke document sets in line with third party requests for information in an accurate and timely manner, whilst always ensuring the requests are fulfilled entirely and the relevant recording and validation processes are adhered to
- Responding to queries regarding PPI enquiries and complaints, and the provision of documents that support the Society's decisions considering data protection expectations
- Support with the production of frameworks, work procedures, and bespoke MI requests
- You will be required to produce PowerPoint slides of the analysis
- Ensuring you apply root cause thinking to all errors to drive improvements to reporting requirements
- Spotting trends and triggers for future third party concerns through the analysis of data and reporting your findings
- Sharing best practice and working collaboratively with key stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure consistency in reporting delivery
- Managing your time to ensure SLAs are met in-line with future planning demands
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we'll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there's life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it's a great place to work, and we're not afraid of giving you praise when you've done well.
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy. We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.