Customer Expert Locations:
Bristol, Leatherhead, Norwich, Sheffield & York Contract:
Permanent Working Hours:
Full time position - Average of 35 hours a week. Shift patterns covering the hours of 8:00 - 20:00, Monday to Friday including some Saturdays. Salary:
Starting salary of £18,500 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)
We have exciting opportunities for Customer Experts to join us at Aviva. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining one of our teams means you'll have a vital role to play. At Aviva, every one of our people is an excellent communicator, listener, investigator, and decision maker. Our professionals deal with customer queries with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive and ever-changing environment.
As part of our growing contact centre teams, you will speak to a wide range of customers over the phone every day. As you look to answer all of their queries and provide them with the very best service, your performance won't be measured against rigid targets but against important values like 'care more'. In other words, it's the quality of the personalised service you offer that we're interested in. Our products can be really technical - there is a lot to learn but don't worry, you'll receive plenty of training and support to help our customers with their complex queries.
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need:
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, returning to the office is under ongoing review in accordance with Government guidelines. As a result, you will be working from home until further notice. You must have an appropriate working area, good internet connection and mobile phone signal. We will provide all relevant IT equipment to enable you to work from home. What we are looking for:
What will you get for this role?
- A great phone manner with the ability to focus on creating meaningful conversations by always ensuring you have empathy whilst building rapport, listening and reacting to the customers needs
- Someone who relishes in solving problems through meticulously checking facts and asking questions and is confident in challenging blockages and finding the best way to remove these
- Someone who enjoys working and learning with others around them to deliver fantastic customer service
- The ability to think about what other digital methods there are for customers in order to make things simple and meet their needs even quicker
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to have challenging conversations and overcome objections
- Starting salary of £18,500 - £22,000 depending on skills and experience
- 25 holiday days plus bank holidays so you can take some well-earned down time (and if that's not enough, you can also buy up to 5 extra holiday days - or sell 5, if you'd prefer to boost your income)
- We have a self-led learning culture, so you'll have lots of scope to broaden your horizons.
- Our opportunities for progression allow you to develop in the role at your pace, eventually excelling in the role to become one of our experts in department
- There are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to continue to progress their career and aspirations
- The opportunity to earn a bonus for doing a great job and going the extra mile
- Up to 40% off loads of Aviva products, such as Motor and Travel, plus up to 15% off for friends and family
- A generous pension (we'll put at least 8% minimum into your pot)
- Discounts on things like cinema tickets, groceries, clothing and electronics
- Volunteering days with your team, so you can give back together
- Discounted healthcare membership to help you take good care of yourself
Working at Aviva
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on 0121 234 7614 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By ' minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.