The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways - directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications. Pay Band: 6. Location: Manchester. Contract length: 3 x FTC - One x 12- month, One x 7-month, 1 x 20-month. Closing date: 23.59 UK time on 17th October 2021. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The British Council is seeking threeCustomer Advisors to join the British Council Customer Service UK (BCCS) team based in our offices in Manchester. The Opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual seeking to provide excellent customer support as part of a high-performing customer service team. This includes answering enquiries received via e-mail, telephone, social media and in writing; providing administrative support for the team in delivering the service and working alongside key internal stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
Skills and Experience:
- Manages relationships with a wide variety of customers relating to all aspects of the work of the British Council from customers based all around the world
- Provides support for UK-based English and Exams customers throughout the customer journey
- Uses Salesforce CRM to manage customer accounts and cases, taking end-to-end accountability for customer enquiries to deliver an effortless experience
- Builds relationships with new and existing customers by using customer accounts in Salesforce CRM, establishing their needs and managing cases in line with global customer service standards
- Empowered to manage and resolve low-level customer complaints in accordance with British Council Global Complaints Guidelines and without the need to escalate
- Identifies and escalates more complex enquiries or high-level customer complaints appropriately and in a timely manner
- Takes ownership of enquiries and uses relationships with key internal contacts to ensure enquiriesand complaints are resolved swiftly and positively
- Interprets existing processes and policies to identify ways to resolve customer enquiries
- Develops relationships for effective customer enquiry handling at B2B and B2C with an agreed group of internal customers/stakeholders and actively shares, develops and disseminates information relevant to effective customer enquiry handling
What you will receive:
- The successful candidate will have experience of working in a team ideally within a customer service environment as well as demonstrable experience of Using judgement and problem-solving skills to resolve complex enquiries and complaints.
- Excellent telephone and writing skill
- Experience of developing cross-departmental relationships
- Customer focused, with a good understanding of corporate customer service standards
- Attractive salary
- Generous pension
- 32 days annual leave excluding bank holidays
If you feel that you are suitable and would like to be considered for this role, please apply before23:59 UK time on the 17 October 2021.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.Equality Statement
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council's Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our 'ASK HR' email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.