Job Introduction LeedsLive
is the biggest and fastest growing news site in the city. And this is your chance to join a team that is continually expanding as we grow our audience.
We are recruiting a Court Reporter who will report on the stories and issues which matter to our readers in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work, helping us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve. This role focuses specifically on courts coverage, for our brands to deliver on their responsibility of ensuring justice is seen to be doneSo, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.Key Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- You will find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Be an authority on court coverage, providing legally safe content from court at all times.
- You will build online communities and in real life, to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- You will be a natural story teller in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- You will ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor's Code of practice
- Be required to act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
- You will have digital publishing skills, for example working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures to accompany your articles
- You will have a Media law qualification, and law refresher every 12 months
- You will understand how best to use social media and how to use this tool to track record of building online communities
- You will have a passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Driving licence
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employee's a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.