About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our EMEA Finance team for an Accountant. Working in a department of approximately 50 supporting the EMEA region of FTI Consulting the role reports into the EMEA Corporate Financial Controller. The individual will be responsible for internal US GAAP reporting to a US listed parent and external statutory GAAP reporting across multiple EMEA countries, plus associated compliance requirements and balance sheet reconciliations. What You'll Do
The individual will be responsible for key elements of the EMEA financial statements covering payroll reporting, intercompany loan accounting, bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and VAT reporting. A key requirement of the role is timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations within a SOX environment.
Monthly accounting close
Payroll reports from external payroll agencies Lease capitalisation entries under ASC 842 / IFRS 16 Prepaid expenses Expense accruals Quarterly tax journals coordinating with the EMEA tax team Intercompany entries including loan interest expense / income accruals
- Prepare and post journal entries required under US GAAP and local statutory GAAP reporting principles including:
- Maintain bank reconciliations across multiple accounts and post general ledger adjustments, working closely with the cash & banking and accounts payable teams
- Work with finance contacts across other FTI entities to manage intercompany out of balance reconciling items
- Timely preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and monthly submission into the FTI Blackline environment
- Assist EMEA Finance team in the enhancement of month-end processes including month-end accounting and ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Strict adherence with the SOX compliance process (handle SOX queries, SOX self-assessment)
Internal & External Audit Process
- Assist with preparation of annual statutory accounts for multiple EMEA entities
- Provision of financial and non-financial information to external auditors
- Competently handling audit queries from external audit
- Provision of financial information to internal audit team for US GAAP testing and group audit requirements
How You'll Grow
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annual VAT returns and EC Sales for multiple EMEA entities coordinating with outsourced accountants/tax advisors
- Coordinate with outsourced accountants/tax advisors to deliver other local compliance requirements
- Other duties and ad hoc support as directed by the EMEA Financial Controller
This role will offer excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential within the finance team. Qualifications & Experience
- A self-starter with an ability to work and independently interacting with colleagues through various online mediums (Teams, email)
- Qualified accountant newly qualified up to 2 years PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of performing month end close process either within industry or from an audit/review perspective
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, UK GAAP or other European GAAP, and Sarbanes Oxley environments
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and resolve reconciliation issues
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight month-end deadlines, commitment to deliver on strict quarterly deadlines
- A team player and proactively offering support to colleagues in managing workload
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and analysis formulas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly professional individual who demonstrates pride in their work
- Committed and tolerance to irregular hours due to reporting deadlines
- Professional services experience
- Working knowledge of VAT and the associated reporting requirements (VAT output, VAT input, VAT liability)
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation and dealing with European subsidiaries
#LI-MD1 Our Benefits
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.