Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection ofover 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we createtechnologies that take society further.
We're looking for peoplewith the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and PowerDivision as a Control Systems Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by findingsolutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbines (AGT) iscurrently recruiting a Control Systems Engineer within our Technical Servicesfunction. Working with Package Solutions Engineering, you will be based at theservices headquarters in Warwick and will work with a diverse team of engineersacross the AGT organisation. Change the future with us.
Use yourskills to move the world forward.
- Own and run Safety and Reliabilityinvestigations and fleet improvement programmes; gathering and analysing fleetdata to identify common or reoccurring issues, make use of recognised andappropriate Root Cause Analysis techniques, documenting and report findingsappropriately, prepare and present potential solutions and improvementopportunities to the business while working to meaningful time scales.
- Develop Industrial Control Systemsoftware solutions and updates for retrofit to specific projects, identifyingscope, leading external resources to time and budget, developing and executingVerification and Validation strategy. Document site installation, additionalmodifications and testing procedures in order to efficiently communicate with fieldservice and customer representatives during the software commissioning phase.
- Support Modification & Upgradeprojects with regards to requirements capture, solution development and projectexecution, and this may involve occasional travel to customer project sites.
- Author User Documentation such asTroubleshooting Guides or Service Bulletins.
- Work with our regional basedTechnical Support teams and Operational Service Desk in supporting customerswith urgent operational issues which require specialist Product or Engineeringknowledge.
- Travel overseas and offshore maybe required on occasion in support of main responsibilities
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- A degree or equivalentprofessionally accredited or recognised in an engineering discipline preferablyrelating to the fields of Controls, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation,and Software.
- Working experience with industrialcontrols systems applications and industrial IT networks, specific experiencewith Allen Bradley RS Logix5000, Siemens S7, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC would beadvantageous or having worked with similar products used for the control andprotection of industrial gas turbine technology or general process plantoperations.
- You will be able to problem solve,conduct Root Cause Analysis and effectively communicate findings.
- Working knowledge ofchange/configuration management tools and processes, as well as experience withother IT related tools and software for business analytics and projectmanagement.
- Use of simulation and systemmodelling tools (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink or similar) and programming languages(e.g. Python, C/C++, Visual Basic, etc.) would be advantageous.
- Experience of working withindustrial aero-derivative gas turbine technology or similar industrial productsfor Oil & Gas or Energy industry would be advantageous, but experience fromother industries with transferrable skills could also be considered.
- Practitioner of a SystemsEngineering approach to product improvement is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and reportingskills in English is important, with an appreciation of cultural differencesthat comes with a global customer base.
Siemens Gas and Power isfocused on helping customers navigate the world's most pressing energyproblems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions andservices make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible powersolutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits packageincludes a generous base salary and we celebrate the fact that ouremployees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this inmind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefitspackage to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service),up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme andemployee discounts justto name a few.
If we all thought thesame, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great mindsfrom all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce iscritical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applicationsfrom a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibilityrequirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Closing date forapplications is 31 st July 2019. Job ID:
Gas and PowerCompany:
Industrial Turbine Company (UK) LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: