Term: FTC/ Permanent Reports to: Client Team Leads and Client Relationship Partner Location: Glasgow or Milton Keynes Purpose of role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for bright and ambitious lawyers to join a newly formed dedicated team to work in innovative new ways for one of the UK's best loved and most iconic retail brands.
Our client has entrusted Dentons to manage its commercial Real Estate requirements and enter into a genuine long term partner relationship. Given the extensive nature of our client's business and its innovative and dynamic approach, the work (which will encompass all aspects of their commercial real estate portfolio, including leases, land and title investigation, estate management and supporting on major projects or high profile transactions)) will undoubtedly be varied, challenging and engaging. It is a unique role which will also see you working directly with business partners at our client giving advice and answering questions.
We are building a dedicated team in Glasgow/Milton Keynes to support this work, which will work alongside our Band 1 ranked Real Estate (RE) team as well as the client's in-house legal function. Given the focus of the team this opportunity will be ideal for lawyers and paralegals who wish an alternative experience. In particular:
- Due to the single client focus and the nature of the team, these roles will provide greater certainty and flexibility of working hours.
- This role will provide the opportunity to work with one client as a core part of its legal function, enabling the successful candidates to gain a deeper understanding of the client's business and a closer working relationship with the client's in-house team;
- Whilst this is a dedicated team, the successful candidates will work alongside the UK RE team and benefit from all of the team training;
We are looking for lawyers of all levels with general commercial real estate experience, particularly in relation to those having acted in the retail sector, or on large portfolios; and
This is a great opportunity to join one of the leading Real Estate teams in the UK, be part of the largest Real Estate legal practice in the world and work with a really exciting client. The role offers excellent experience, training and genuine career development prospects.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking full time or part time opportunities.
You will work as part of a team to deliver a full spectrum of commercial real estate work for our client. This will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents as well as providing advice on property contracts, leases, freehold and leasehold titles or other property queries. Through newly established ways of working, including an increased emphasis on technological solutions, you will be supported in taking full ownership for some key requirements and transactions for this client, giving you direct responsibility for core and high-profile aspects of their portfolio. . Our approach is to create a supportive environment by working collaboratively as part of a team whilst also encouraging team members to operate with a degree of independence.
You will work closely with other members of this dedicated team as well as the in-house legal function at our client. The department has a strong teamwork ethic and a first class client management approach. It is essential that candidates are team players and committed to developing personally and professionally. A determination to deliver high-quality focused services to our clients is essential, as is maintaining and developing client relationships.
Successful candidates will be people with energy and enthusiasm who want to become one of the top teams in the country, working hard to providing the highest levels of client service whilst at the same time valuing having fun being part of a supportive and collegiate team.
Required experience, skills and attributes
Candidates who are qualified solicitors:
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Having experience working on general commercial Real Estate. Ideally with a wide remit of work, with an exposure to Retail work being desired, but not mandatory
- Candidates are expected to have technology awareness and the ability to handle matters to tight timetables, and multiple transactions simultaneously
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Dedicated to exceptional client service
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills, coupled with good business awareness
- Demonstrate initiative and drive
- You will be a team player and sociable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task, particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email email@example.com. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email firstname.lastname@example.org - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email .
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.