Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our Procurement and Commercial team are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What is the Role?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Contract Manager who will focus on providing the necessary pre and post contract procurement and commercial support to projects within our Renewables Business. You will be able to combine strong commercial acumen with well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience delivering large projects/programmes of work.
Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Manager, the Contract Manager will support the Procurement & Commercial Manager to deliver strategies and contracts, providing robust post contract commercial management which will support the Operational business's goals and objectives. You will also support the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
- Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on project(s) / contract(s).
- Work with the Category Managers and Procurement Officers (Strategic and Shared Service Centre) to ensure the best approach is taken in sourcing goods, works or services.
- Liaise with peers to review best practice, lessons learned etc.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the Head of Procurement and Commercial and the Procurement and Commercial Manager(s) in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers including: - Estimating, Sourcing management/support, Category management as required/appropriate, Cost and budget management, Payment & expenditure management, Contract administration, Dispute resolution, General commercial guidance and support as required.
- Identify supply chain cost reduction opportunities and improvements in the Procurement and Commercial process.
- Provide commercial support to Strategic Procurement Officers in the development and execution of sourcing events as required to support projects including the review of sourcing strategies, providing cost estimates, preparing bills of quantities, analysing submissions, supporting tender interviews and review of contract award recommendations.
- Conduct sourcing events procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions within own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
- Deliver all project(s)/contract(s) within own area of responsibility and approved budget authorisations.
- Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
What do I need?
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Quantity Surveying Degree or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body preferred.
- Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle Purchasing Systems.
- Understand the financial aspects and implications of projects.
- Aware of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
- Knowledge and experience of contract structure and documentation.
- Awareness of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
- Experience in supporting strategic projects/contracts. Working knowledge of the relevant conditions of contract.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch with Hannah.email@example.com . We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Advertised: 24 Jun 2020 GMT Daylight Time Applications close: 08 Jul 2020 GMT Daylight Time
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.