Who are we?
Decision Tech is a performance marketing and technology business. We generate high value, low cost leads for businesses and help customers choose the best products and services.
We take a two-fold approach to driving price comparison switches. Firstly, we use our performance marketing skills and experience to grow our own brands (including broadbandchoices.co.uk, sellmymobile.com and comparemymobile.com). Secondly, our price comparison technology is used by major brands such as Moneysupermarket.com, and Comparethemarket.com through our expanding partnerships programme. Why our Role?
Following closer integration with our parent company, the Moneysupermarket Group, Decision Tech is expanding its remit and reach to assume ownership of key channels on moneysupermarket.com. Reporting into the Senior Content Editor, You will be key in growing Moneysupermarket's broadband, mobiles and energy channels by building an extensive trove of home services content.
Decision Tech is part of the Moneysupermarket Group, an established member of the FTSE 250 with around 800 colleagues based in our offices across London, Manchester, Belfast and Ewloe. Through our five leading and trusted brands in 2020, we helped nearly eight million families save an estimated £2bn on their household bills - something we're incredibly proud of.We have ambitious plans approaching and we need super-talented people to come along that journey with us! What will you be doing?
- Grow Moneysupermarket's broadband, mobiles and energy channels by building an extensive trove of home services content
- Sub-edit work of colleagues on the editorial team to ensure high standards are maintained and that copy aligns to tone-of-voice guidelines
- Contribute to overarching strategy for Moneysupermarket, Compare My Mobile and Broadband Choices, spotting opportunities to expand breadth of content and improve existing pages
- Support SEO team with guest editorial blogs and content for other sites, helping to secure backlinks
- Share reporting to other areas of the business with editorial team's progress and plans
- Identify opportunities for reactive PR and edit/write comments as applicable
- Stay abreast of market developments, new trends and regulatory changes, using that knowledge as a wellspring for content opportunities and to inform strategy
- Maintain existing bank of content and write new content across Compare My Mobile, Broadband Choices and Sell My Mobile to ring-fence search-engine positions
- Produce eye-catching sales copy for commercial site elements and partners
- Perform basic analytics as a matter of course to understand and communicate the impact of content delivered
- Help solve problems with CMS and identify areas for systemic improvement,
- Build a profile in the business by representing content team at meetings and communicating progress to the wider business
We're looking for someone with an eye for detail and the ability to communicate key messages relevant to audience in a clear, engaging and accessible way - and is consistent in terms of tone of voice, style and key messaging. You'll sometimes have to write under pressure to deliver crisp and top-ranking content that drives engagement to tight deadlines. We need someone that is organised as you'll be managing projects and collaborating with lots of different stakeholders.
The key skills and experience we are looking for are:
- Excellent writing and sub-editing skills that really make copy sing
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices. Able to write copy that meets SEO keyword requirements without sounding robotic or contrived.
- Proficient in creating best-practice guides to standardise and improve editorial, CMS and PPC processes
- Knowledge of analytics and how it can be used to guide and inform content
- Experience with using a CMS (Umbraco experience is preferred but any is fine)
- Market knowledge of the communications sector (broadband, mobile phones) with willingness to build knowledge of the energy market to create helpful, expert content that maintains Moneysupermarket's authority as a primary source of helpful advice for consumers
We're an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We're a place where you can be you.
'Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates to apply as we're actively building representation that's more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role.If you're passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.''