- Preparing design work in line with the RIBA work-stages;
- Undertaking landscape and/or townscape baseline studies, including the drafting of impact assessments;
- Preparing written inputs to documents such as Design and Access Statement, Feasibility Reports;
- Inputting into graphic presentation material;
- Undertaking presentations to clients/internally;
- Undertaking site survey work in line with identified safe methods of working.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- BA (Hons) Landscape Architecture or recognised equivalent;
- Post Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree;
- Proven experience and technical capability gained within a professional consultancy or local authority environment;
- Excellent graphic, written, time management and communication skills;
- Experience in the use of Autodesk, KeyScape and Adobe design suite;
- Experience in the design and delivery of landscape for infrastructure projects, ranging from site audit/concept design, design of external spaces, production of detailed construction plans, planting schedules and specifications, hard and soft landscape plans;
- Knowledge of relevant industry legislation, health and safety/CDM regulations, contracts and tendering procedures;
- Experience of applying current design standards, guidance and good working practices;
- Able to manage own workload to ensure the effective delivery of work programmes and robust financial budgeting
- A full UK driving licence.
Preferable/additional qualifications, skills and qualities are;
- Experienced in the use and application of BIM, GIS and or 3D modelling software such as 3D Studio Max/Rhino.
- Experience in Townscape / Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment;
- Licentiate Member of the Landscape Institute .
The individual must demonstrate experience in delivering high quality design solutions related to landscape driven development and infrastructure projects. What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP " we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important " be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme " so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) " WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone. A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.