About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. Within the London office, we offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including Industrials and Business Services, financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
The Industrials & Business Services team focuses on capital markets communications and has been the leading London based Industrials team for over a decade. The team supports a range of FTSE 100, 250 and fast-growing smaller companies across all their capital market needs; be it financial calendar work, M&A and / or wider reputational issues.
Special Situations also sits within the team and there will opportunities to work on fast-paced evolving situations ranging from M&A and IPOs to restructurings and crisis work.
The team is expanding and is recruiting a Consultant to join and help support this next stage of growthWhat You'll Do
You will play a fundamental role within the account teams, delivering high-quality work to an array of clients. Responsibilities will include:
How You'll Grow
- Daily news monitoring and delivering news reports and analysis both internally and to external clients
- Support account teams to deliver financial calendar PR including analyst mapping and logistics around financial results reporting
- Deliver corporate and financial communications programmes, helping to develop and maintain media relationships and managing news hook calendars
- Keeping abreast of media moves and role/beat changes for journalists
- Track client peer group financial reporting
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Compile client activity reports, helping to keep account teams on track with deliverables
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client strategy including draft press releases, draft media statements, media pitches and award entries
In addition to day-to-day client responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the team and broader FTI Consulting through new business development including:
Basic Qualifications / Qualifications & Experience
- Deliver research and contribute to new business pitch documents for the team as requested
- Contribute fresh ideas to team marketing meetings
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Participate in weekly team meetings by contributing ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Participate in internal and external training opportunities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media in the Industrials sector
- Excellent organisational, planning and people skills
- High personal energy
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and 'can do' approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including;
About FTI Consulting
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations and much more.
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-DH1