USA - Massachusetts - Cambridge, UK - Hertfordshire, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper ProvidencePosted Date:
Dec 15 2021 Computational Biologist, Clinical Biomarker Anal ytics
We are seeking an innovative and skilled computational biologist to join our expanding team within the Human Genetics & Computational Biology department. Successful candidates are as passionate as us in finding new medicines for patients with unmet medical need and are keen to work in a matrix team at the interface of biology, statistics, data science, and clinical science. You will drive and apply state of the art analysis methods to translate complex biomarker signals for innovative new medicines. With experience in genomic analyses such as NGS or proteomics , you are someone who thrives in cross-functional teams, closely collaborating with colleagues across departments and geographic locations. Using computational biology and data science techniques, you will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting multi- omic data and formulate and answer biological question s that address the need s raised by GSK's drug discovery programmes. You will be encouraged to develop and advance your computational biology skills as well as your internal and external scientific profile through presentations , development programmes , and peer-reviewed publications.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Help progress the GSK drug development pipeline: Apply innovative computational and statistical approaches to the analysis and interpretation of 'omics data , demonstrating strong analytical and critical thinking skills .
- Work in teams: Participate in or lead cross-functional project teams with GSK scientists and external collaborators involved in the generation and use of complex biomarker data and analyses .
- Communicate: Be responsible for effective communication of analysis findings, with expert interpretation, to project teams.
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational sciences, machine learning or biomedical/biological sciences OR MSc or equivalent in a related field with 5 years of related experience .
- Experience in a programming language (such as R, Python or Perl) for complex data analysis.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in molecular biology , bioinformatics, and statistics.
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of multi-omics data, including at the single cell level
- Solid understanding of statistical methods relevant to large scale analysis of biological data sets
- Skills to collect, integrate, mine and analyse complex biological data and translate them into testable hypotheses
- Experience in analyz ing and interpreting data sets related to immunology , neuroscience or infectious disease
- Experience working within collaborative, multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- Publication record in peer reviewed journals.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.