The BBC is one of the UK's most well-known and loved brands. With 95% of the UK using the BBC every week, we're the highest reaching media provider in the UK, driven by the strength of our portfolio across TV, Radio and Online.
The Contingent Workforce team is an integral part of the overall Resourcing function, providing specialist resourcing & talent services to the BBC. The team works closely with the Production areas within the BBC to ensure all our freelance engagements are compliant with tax and employment legislation whilst also providing an excellent service to the freelancers themselves.
We've now expanding the remit of the team to cover engagements for On-Air Talent, and are looking for Advisors to work alongside the Team Leader to carry out the assessments.
You will be responsible for consistently assessing engagement requests using existing frameworks. You'll provide advice and recommendations on policy and approaches, escalating any concerns or issues.
Alongside this, you'll ensure full, accurate audit trails are centrally recorded, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Are you the right candidate?
We'd love to hear from you if you have experience in some - or all - of the below:
- Working with best practice guidelines, with a focus on regulation and governance
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Decision making and analysis skills - you'll be used to asking the right questions to fully understand circumstances before reaching a decision
- Tenacious and resilient
- Query handling
- Communication at all levels and in different forms
Ideally, you'll have some knowledge of employment and tax law, regulation and policy in relation to the contingent workforce.
Contract type: Fixed-term Contract
Location: London We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here