-We're a dynamic multi-disciplinary team that operates from Swindon, working together to ensure that Nationwide operates compliantly and fairly, delivering the best experiences and outcomes possible for our Members.
You'll be part of this close-knit team and provide regulatory advice to Nationwide's Proposition & Engagement, and Relationships & Distribution Teams. Nationwide are making significant investments in product development and change, so you will get the opportunity to work on some exciting new propositions and ways of delivering financial services to our Members. If you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our Members, this role may be for you.
We need:• Compliance Advice Senior Consultants in the Product Regulation Team within Retail Risk.• Base Location - Swindon or another core site with regular travel to Swindon• Salary £42,370 - 61,201 (pro rata for fixed term contract and dependant on current salary and experience) • These are 6-month fixed term contracts
Applications are invited until 17/11/19.
The Product Regulation team forms part of our first line of defence. We are at the forefront of regulatory change, providing real-time advice and subject matter expertise on all aspects of Member impacting regulation. This is vital to ensure that Nationwide achieves its strategic ambitions, remains compliant and does the right thing for our members - they're everything to us.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you'll:
• Be able to interpret rules and regulations to create conduct risk controls and management information that delivers effective risk management• Have a practical approach to compliance that balances fair treatment of customers and clients with commercially minded solutions• Build good internal and external working relationships that support Nationwide's application of regulations• Have experience of advising colleagues on compliance or regulatory-related issues within your current or previous roles• Be agile and pragmatic in your approach to change. • Always think about our members - they're everything to us - to make sure our business ensures fair outcomes for them.• Have Financial Services experience• Understand conduct risk.• Have excellent knowledge of one or more of the following product sets:o Mortgageso Insurance and Investmentso Savingso Current Accountso Credit Cards and Personal Loans
What you'll be doing
- Contributing to the development and delivery of regulatory change through providing advice and supporting solution development.
- Helping to analyse business models, strategies, our existing compliance position and the wider external regulatory agenda
- Providing compliance input to a range of projects including products, sales and service development and change.
- Supporting with the identification, assessment and implementation of compliance and conduct controls across your assigned business area.
- Contributing to the investigation and resolution of material/systemic regulatory issues
- Developing and maintaining your knowledge and experience to keep pace with the industry.
- Helping provide training, advice, support and guidance on all aspects of compliance policies and controls for the business.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you'll get:
- 24 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays with the ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday.
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we'll top it up to 23%
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Life Assurance worth 8x your salary
- Training to help you progress and develop your skills and career aspirations
We think it's a great place to work, and we're not afraid of giving you praise when you've done well.
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.