Complaints Associate (Stage 1) Job Code:
1137644 Skill Band:
Complaints, Legal & Compliance Location:
United Kingdom - Chatham Type:
Permanent Date Posted:
14 Jun 2019 Stage 1 Complaints Associate Chatham, Kent About Us
All roles within Lloyd's have an integral part to play in the achievement of the Strategy and Vision 2025 and will contribute overtly to:
Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work. This role will practice and promote the principles of inclusiveness and respect the value of diversity
The strategy of Performance Management is to protect Lloyd's by ensuring peer-leading performance through the application across the Market of strong performance management and risk management underpinned by appropriate capital setting
The strategy of the Policyholder and Third Party Oversight team is to oversee the interests of policyholders so they receive fair treatment in terms of buying policies from competent intermediaries and to make sure that that their claims and complaints are properly and fairly handled. We will also make sure third parties activities and interests in the distribution chain are appropriately overseen in a risk based and efficient manner. The Role
The primary role of the Junior Stage 1 Complaints Associate is to assist with the registration and oversight of complaint handling in the UK and international territories. Complaints against Lloyd's underwriters are made against the Society of Lloyd's and as such it is imperative that policyholder complaints are handled in an appropriate manner. Due to the unique eco system of the Lloyd's market, complaints can be made through third parties (coverholders and third party administrators); to managing agents or directly to Lloyd's Complaints team. Direct contact is made with policyholders/complainants and this is often their first touchpoint with the Society of Lloyd's and therefore high impact. There are different regulatory regimes operating in the UK to other countries and each brings a complex and bespoke nature to how complaints are handled. This role has the function of a complaints department but also a regulatory operational role that handles a significant of data for over 20k complaints a year alongside an oversight role that analyses the data and monitors the markets performance in regard to complaints to ensure they are handled in accordance with Lloyd's standards, the rules prescribed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and equivalent international regulatory bodies. Failures by managing agents and their representatives are referred to a senior member of the team and addressed on a case by case basis - this is a regulated activity. Systemic issues are escalated to the Complaints management team to allow appropriate intervention to be taken. This is a regulated activity. What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- To assist in protecting Lloyd's Brand by assisting with ensuring:
- Complaints from UK Policyholders are handled by managing agents and their representatives in accordance with FCA DISP rules and Lloyd's Complaints Code and that both Lloyd's and FCA regulatory deadlines are met.
- complaints from International policyholders are handled by managing agents and their representatives to ensure they are handled in accordance with Lloyd's, international regulatory bodies and FCA requirements and that deadlines were met.
- complaints referred to US Department of Insurance by policyholders are responded to within the DOI deadline by managing agents and their representatives, failure to do so can result in actions being taken by the DOI with regard to Lloyd's licenses.
- To work to ensure internal, FCA and international regulatory deadlines are met on a daily basis and relevant information and documentation is requested from managing agents and their representatives.
- To assist in identifying and escalating non-compliance with the UK complaints code and international complaint handling requirements by managing agents and their representatives to allow for these issues to be addressed and escalated within PMD.
- To start to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders through frontline and daily contact. These include managing agents and coverholders and other areas within the Policyholder and Third Party Oversight team.
- To produce documentation and data for liaison with Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK on specific complaints.
- To update, cleanse and maintain regulatory complaints data in the Complaints Monitoring databases to ensure accuracy of UK and international regulatory reports, internal management information to both manage internal workloads and provide data to oversee the Lloyd's Market and to enable correctly charge case fees.
- To comply with the requirements of Lloyd's Complaints Protocol.
- To escalate high profile or contentious issues as required or as per any guideline
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- The ability to remain calm and objective under pressure to handle difficult complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team to organise work to meet prescribed service timetables.
- A high standard of written and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to discuss issues effectively with all levels of the market, third parties and members.
- Ability to interpret policy wording and insurance terminology.
- Confident, self-starter, capable of showing initiative and can demonstrate achievement
- Good communicator, able to convey the message appropriately and ensure it is understood by the audience.
- Time Management to ensure delivery according to agreed standards/commitments.
- IT skills Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK FCA Dispute Resolution rules, Lloyd's Complaints Code requirements and international regulatory rules relating to the handling of policyholder complaints, general insurance matters (including Ombudsman's rulings) and the Lloyd's Market would be beneficial
- Working within a team dealing with high volume workloads.
- Must be able to work accurately and with minimum supervision.
- Complaints handling experience.
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: